Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:It is Leonard Cohen in Shrek and what a great song. I think Grace is a great album as well.

My bad as it's John Cale singing it, Cohen wrote it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:My bad as it's John Cale singing it, Cohen wrote it.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't the Cohen version, he has a deeper voice and the Shrek one is more of a Buckley type voice. Wasn't sure though. Will have to check out the Cale version.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

APhew   06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
After just watching American: The Bill Hicks Story the other night (and thoroughly enjoying it), I have restored faith that while it may be long overdue, eventually they do honor our fallen (entertainment) heroes. I would love to see a Jeff Buckley documentary, as both Grace and Sketches from My Sweetheart the Drunk have both permanent places in my CD collection and on my MP3 player.
The Mad American   06-17-2011, 01:50 PM
APhew Wrote:After just watching American: The Bill Hicks Story the other night (and thoroughly enjoying it), I have restored faith that while it may be long overdue, eventually they do honor our fallen (entertainment) heroes. I would love to see a Jeff Buckley documentary, as both Grace and Sketches from My Sweetheart the Drunk have both permanent places in my CD collection and on my MP3 player.

Same with me Aphew. I am a big fan and both Grace and Sketches are in regular rotation in my iPod. I also have some bootleg live stuff from him as well.

On the positive side, this biopic is being produced by his mother so hopefully it will be well done. That could work against it as well, maybe his mom will be too romantic about the pic and not allow a good story to be told. (But that is more than likely just me looking for flaws). There was an uproar over the casting of a relative unknown from the TV series "Gossip Girl" as Jeff. His mom picked the guy over James Franco and Robert Pattinson; both those guys had been begging and giving the hard sale to get the role. I hope his mom is doing right by the movie.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (2):    1 2