Pages (2):    1 2
The Mad American   06-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Medusa Wrote:Mister Slaughter is much better than Queeen of Bedlam IMO.

Thanks Medusa. Like I said, I usually love McCammon but for some reason that series just didn't hook me. I will give Mister Slaughter a chance.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Alvin Fox   06-14-2011, 03:09 PM
A pox on you!
molasar808   06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
H.P. Lovecraft. The most obvious recommendation but still worth mentioning.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
sailorman99   06-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I want to say thanks for everyone and their quick responses. I luckily stumbled upon The Tomb last year and got hooked. Thank god I have a forum now of like minded souls.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
sailorman99 Wrote:I want to say thanks for everyone and their quick responses. I luckily stumbled upon The Tomb last year and got hooked. Thank god I have a forum now of like minded souls.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!

Sailorman, check out Andrew Vachss' BURKE novels. Burke's like Jack, but lacking Jack's sweet nature.

You will not be disappointed.
SickThing   06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I second the recommendations of McCammon's Matthew Corbett series and Stephen Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger novels.

Hunter
Kenji   06-17-2011, 10:42 AM
sailorman99 Wrote:I am in love with the book series. I love that the Repairman Jack Series is 15 books. I love getting to know a character and see how their story progresses throughout all these books.

I am looking for the next series to read. I got "Storm Front", which is part of the Dresden Series. I am not sold on it yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a series to start? And please do not suggest LOTR. I would like more horror, but any series that someone suggest here I will pursue. THANKS!!!

Ben Hope series by Scott Mariani. The first one is The Alchemist's Secret. Action! Conspiracy! Thrilling adventure! THAT'S Ben Hope series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUdTIgY2-vE

Trust me, it won't disappoint you.
APhew   06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child is excellent and I (yes, blasphemy) hold him just slightly above (Repairman) Jack in the ass-kicking business. It starts with "Killing Floor" and just gets better and better from there.

Stick with the Dresden books, they also get much better the further into the series you venture.

I would also backup the reccomends for the Necroscope series by Lumley, Swagger books by Hunter, and the Burke series by Vachss. All excellent.

Here are some others that I've also enjoyed that feature a unique protagonist(s):

Pendergast Novels by Lincoln and Child (Start with "Relic")
Hap and Leonard novels by Lansdale (Start with "Savage Season")
Joe Ledger series by Maberry (Start with "Patient Zero")
sailorman99   06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
APhew Wrote:The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child is excellent and I (yes, blasphemy) hold him just slightly above (Repairman) Jack in the ass-kicking business. It starts with "Killing Floor" and just gets better and better from there.

Stick with the Dresden books, they also get much better the further into the series you venture.

I would also backup the reccomends for the Necroscope series by Lumley, Swagger books by Hunter, and the Burke series by Vachss. All excellent.

Here are some others that I've also enjoyed that feature a unique protagonist(s):

Pendergast Novels by Lincoln and Child (Start with "Relic")
Hap and Leonard novels by Lansdale (Start with "Savage Season")
Joe Ledger series by Maberry (Start with "Patient Zero")

Thanks for the suggestions. The Dresden books do get better? I am reading the first one and I am not completely hooked yet, but I will keep trying them out.

Thanks again!!f
Pages (2):    1 2