GeraldRice   06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
There have to be a ton of them out there. I need some examples if anyone can name some of the more popular ones. Like FPW's The Tomb or Legacies even. I have an idea for something I'm getting ready to put out, but my wife thinks the cover should be more related to the title.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Lysistrata   06-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I do not have it here... But I remember from childhood "The Sword in the Stone" by T.H. White. For those who have not read it, it is about king Arthur childhood and not really a book for children (plus it was the first and darker version, with loving descriptions of various monsters and Cain killing Abel).

The cover featured Wart and Merlin, from the Disney movie.

Trying to be nice
RootsReggae   06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
There are a lot of books out there with covers that aren't related to the title. The girl with the dragon tattoo is just some green and orange colors. I think the issue with the Tomb is that THE TITLE has NOTHING to do with the book. There is no tomb in The Tomb.
GeraldRice   06-14-2011, 05:34 PM
I think I'm going to pull a few books off our bookshelves to prove my point.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com