GeraldRice   06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
I forgot to mention I saw this last Tuesday. Greeeeeeeat comedy. I wouldn't call it a chick flick, but if you insist, it's the greatest chick flick ever. Kristen Wiig is the best friend of the bride-to-be, but her life is a shambles in the aftermath of losing her business to the Great Recession (and her boyfriend too) and has resorted to a 'relationship' with a man who all but refers to her as a booty call and working in a jewelry store.

After being asked by her best friend (Maya Rudolph) to be her maid of honor she's happy for her, but at the same time it highlights how much of a wreck her own life is. Add to that her best friend has a wealthy new friend who is openly competitive about wanting to take helm as maid of honor. There are so many hilarious scenes, but paramount is when the ladies try on the dresses. All I can say is wait until Maya Rudolph runs across the street.

Highly, highly, highly recommended. Our options were this or The Hangover II. I have no regrets I saw this instead and I loved the first Hangover movie.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Tony H   06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I forgot to mention I saw this last Tuesday. Greeeeeeeat comedy. I wouldn't call it a chick flick, but if you insist, it's the greatest chick flick ever. Kristen Wiig is the best friend of the bride-to-be, but her life is a shambles in the aftermath of losing her business to the Great Recession (and her boyfriend too) and has resorted to a 'relationship' with a man who all but refers to her as a booty call and working in a jewelry store.

After being asked by her best friend (Maya Rudolph) to be her maid of honor she's happy for her, but at the same time it highlights how much of a wreck her own life is. Add to that her best friend has a wealthy new friend who is openly competitive about wanting to take helm as maid of honor. There are so many hilarious scenes, but paramount is when the ladies try on the dresses. All I can say is wait until Maya Rudolph runs across the street.

Highly, highly, highly recommended. Our options were this or The Hangover II. I have no regrets I saw this instead and I loved the first Hangover movie.

You just sold me on this. I was waiting for a real-person reaction to the film...I have been wanting to see it but kept thinking it was just a female version of The Hangover, which while funny was only just okay for me.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Brian   06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Nope, I'd rather have needles shoved in my eyes. LOL

There is no wise man without fault