Pages (2):    1 2
tisapphire   05-20-2011, 02:30 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:I don't like Ron Howard movies and I'm hoping that he won't eff up the Dark Tower. He didn't adapt Dan Brown's books well

I don't think we have to worry about that. With Universal putting the series in turnaround, and then delaying it for budget concerns, it is clear to me that the project will be cancelled sooner rather than later. The Dark Tower series is far too complex to be made into a movie, unless someone like Peter Jackson decides to try it. I think anyone who can tackle the LotR trilogy can probably manage the Dark Tower series.

I mean, after he tackles the Adversary Cycle, of course Confusedquigglemouth:

The Accidental Author
http://www.accidental-author.com

"The only time that the words 'six figures' is connected with my eBooks is when referring to my Amazon.com sales ranking" - Me

Twitter: @tisafire
FaceBook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/l1gtNI
Ken Valentine   05-21-2011, 08:50 AM
nonquixote Wrote:Steven Spielberg would be my guess.
That makes sense. When it comes to fiction and fantasy, he's not too bad, but when it comes to historical subjects, he leaves out things that don't fit in with his leftist political agenda.

On the whole, I don't care for him.

Ken V.
tisapphire   05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
If we were going to have a "thrillogy" of RJ films, maybe JJ Abrams could be involved as a producer, or director. On top of being a great producer/director, he would find a way to viral market the CRAP out of it, virtually guaranteeing a box office fortune.

The Accidental Author
http://www.accidental-author.com

"The only time that the words 'six figures' is connected with my eBooks is when referring to my Amazon.com sales ranking" - Me

Twitter: @tisafire
FaceBook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/l1gtNI
Annice Burdeos   08-09-2011, 03:56 PM
It is terribly difficult to adapt any novel for the big screen (Witness the botch job on John Irving's books.) When there are multiple books e.g LOTR, Potter, Repairman Jack and the Dark Tower series, adaptation costs can be extraordinarily high, locations difficult to shoot in, tax incentives become of paramount importance, finding the right director for continuity (with The Potter films, there have been only 4 directors with David Yates directing the last 4, Jackson on all 4 Hobbit films), finding actors that are appropriate to the role and who can/do/remain throughout the proposed 3 films (this is harder than it appears) and utilizing the same crew and cast throughout if possible-again for continuity purposes except when necessary to change.) Having producers understand and appreciate the books yet realize some modifications will have to be made, not wholesale changes (The best book to film adaptation I have ever read and seen was an Australian film Careful He Might Hear You. The film hewed veryclosely to the book and yet one didn't have to read the novel to understand what the child endured. It was as if the book wrote the film and the film wrote the book.)

And so often a studio missteps in bringing beloved characters to the screen which upsets the book's fans. We all have in mind who should be this fictional person, how certain scenes should be done and how every thing needs to be included. We are all aware of actors being cast because they are cheap or because they can open a film or have a big overseas following! The latter sometimes becomes the overriding concern! Sometimes a trilogy is planned and then the first film underperforms (Green Lantern, anyone?) and no others follow.

If the studio were willing to work closely with the author and that's a BIG IF! and the lead roles cast with actors who endeavor to fulfill what is being asked of them, then the film can be successful.

I can only hope that whenever Jack is brought to the big screen, that it performs sensationally (earning back its negative cost and marketing budget first. Then turns a profit) so that other books may be adapted.
quikfix228   08-11-2011, 12:44 AM
my father and i have had this conversation numerous amounts of times and we pretty much both agree that there is no three perfect to explain jacks story. there is just too many things you need to know about jack before you can split the story up like that. that being said, of course we would love to see dragovich get a some tires dropped on his head in all the rage, but nightworld would be an amazing movie (especially with the world today) and scare the crap out of people.....

all im saying, is if they make a jack movie, they better not mess it up or get the wrong person. itll really annoy me
Pages (2):    1 2