Pages (2): 1 2   
RootsReggae   05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
As nice as it would be to see every book adapted, it can be hard to lock an actor down for more than three movies. It could be as much as 10 years of the actors life. At that point if you want to continue the series you’d have to get a new, more youthful actor. So if you could pick 3 books to make up a Jack trilogy, which would you pick. (probably your favorite 3 like me)

Mine would be
The Tomb
Crisscross
All the Rage
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:As nice as it would be to see every book adapted, it can be hard to lock an actor down for more than three movies. It could be as much as 10 years of the actors life. At that point if you want to continue the series you’d have to get a new, more youthful actor. So if you could pick 3 books to make up a Jack trilogy, which would you pick. (probably your favorite 3 like me)

Mine would be
The Tomb
Crisscross
All the Rage

I'd have to go with ALL THE RAGE as the Jack novel I'd most like to see filmed.
Srem   05-18-2011, 10:54 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:As nice as it would be to see every book adapted, it can be hard to lock an actor down for more than three movies. It could be as much as 10 years of the actors life. At that point if you want to continue the series you’d have to get a new, more youthful actor. So if you could pick 3 books to make up a Jack trilogy, which would you pick. (probably your favorite 3 like me)

Mine would be
The Tomb
Crisscross
All the Rage

Your selection works for me.

There's so many good Repairman Jack books, it's tough to choose. Obviously The Tomb has to be in there for starters.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
tisapphire   05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
If we were going for a cohesive trilogy, it would have to be:

The Tomb
Conspiracies
Hosts

The Accidental Author
http://www.accidental-author.com

"The only time that the words 'six figures' is connected with my eBooks is when referring to my Amazon.com sales ranking" - Me

Twitter: @tisafire
FaceBook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/l1gtNI
Alvin Fox   05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
I still think the series should be made the same way King's Dark Tower is being made. A stand alone trilogy with each movie being released every summer for three consecutive years. During the Fall, Winter, Spring between each movie there will also be a tv series that fills in the gaps, but isn't necessary to enjoy the movie trilogy.

That being said, I think The Tomb, Gateways and Nightworld would make the trilogy. Gateways might need to be adjusted a bit though. There's already Jack's first substantial conversations with The Lady, a confrontation (of sorts) with Rasalom and a hole with chew wasps. Add Jack meeting Glaeken and those three would make a trilogy that has a consistent story.

For the tv series just add all of the other novels and short stories. Reprisal could even be happening concurrently at the end and Reborn could be flashed back to.

I haven't given this thought at all... Rolleyes
Ken Valentine   05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
For my taste, it would be:

THE TOMB

LEGACIES

ALL THE RAGE.

Interesting how we virtually all include ALL THE RAGE; which would be very difficult to film as there is lot going on in it and the novel is over 500 pages long.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:For my taste, it would be:

THE TOMB

LEGACIES

ALL THE RAGE.

Interesting how we virtually all include ALL THE RAGE; which would be very difficult to film as there is lot going on in it and the novel is over 500 pages long.

Ken V.

I believe Steven S. could handle it.Big Grin

But for pure action, I'd say THE TOMB is the way to go.
Ken Valentine   05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I believe Steven S. could handle it.Big Grin
Who is Steven S.?

Ken V.
nonquixote   05-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Steven Spielberg would be my guess.

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.
RootsReggae   05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:I still think the series should be made the same way King's Dark Tower is being made. A stand alone trilogy with each movie being released every summer for three consecutive years. During the Fall, Winter, Spring between each movie there will also be a tv series that fills in the gaps, but isn't necessary to enjoy the movie trilogy.

That being said, I think The Tomb, Gateways and Nightworld would make the trilogy. Gateways might need to be adjusted a bit though. There's already Jack's first substantial conversations with The Lady, a confrontation (of sorts) with Rasalom and a hole with chew wasps. Add Jack meeting Glaeken and those three would make a trilogy that has a consistent story.

For the tv series just add all of the other novels and short stories. Reprisal could even be happening concurrently at the end and Reborn could be flashed back to.

I haven't given this thought at all... Rolleyes

I don't like Ron Howard movies and I'm hoping that he won't eff up the Dark Tower. He didn't adapt Dan Brown's books well
Pages (2): 1 2