The Mad American   05-20-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270761/

Holy crap!! I had no idea this was being remade. The original from 1973 scared me as much as any movie I have every seen. I remember it vividly and recently got a copy of it on DVD and I have to say, it holds up.

I hope the remake holds up to the original. Katie Holmes being in it is a warning flag but Guillermo Del Toro being one of the screen writers makes up for that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Mick C.   05-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I bought a DVD of the original a while back, and it still holds up. Those little dudes are creepy.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
tisapphire   05-21-2011, 12:34 PM
But Katie Holmes? Really???? Are they going to get her husband to play the part of the little demon-creatures???

The Accidental Author
http://www.accidental-author.com

"The only time that the words 'six figures' is connected with my eBooks is when referring to my Amazon.com sales ranking" - Me

Twitter: @tisafire
FaceBook Author Page: http://on.fb.me/l1gtNI
The Mad American   05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
tisapphire Wrote:But Katie Holmes? Really???? Are they going to get her husband to play the part of the little demon-creatures???

That was exactly my first reaction, but given that Del Toro is one of the writers I can probably overlook that.

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   05-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Mick C. Wrote:I bought a DVD of the original a while back, and it still holds up. Those little dudes are creepy.

Exactly, but Kim Darby makes that movie for me. She sells it really well. I remember having the creeps anytime I heard any sort of noise in the basement or walls of our old house when I was kid after I saw that movie.

~ Red Buttons

Mick C.   05-21-2011, 11:31 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Exactly, but Kim Darby makes that movie for me. She sells it really well. I remember having the creeps anytime I heard any sort of noise in the basement or walls of our old house when I was kid after I saw that movie.

Actually, when I first saw that film as a young man, I thought (even while being really creeped out by the little creatures) that Barbara Anderson, who plays her best friend, REALLY sold that movie. I remember looking forward to waitching IRONSIDE, where she played Raymond Burr's assistant, very very much because of her. Mrreoowwwwrrr.....Wink

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Srem   05-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I just saw a preview of this while at the movies; looks like freaky good fun. Big Grin

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
fpw   05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I saw it first run and remember thinking that no made-for-TV movie should be allowed to be this scary. And no happy ending, as I recall.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
nonquixote   05-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I was 9 when this was on originally and only really remember the scene where they creatures were dragging her toward the fireplace and she was trying to fend them off with the flash from a camera. That scene has stuck with me all this time.

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.