Scott Miller   04-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I watched this yesterday and thought it quite good, albeit incredibly dark. I have not read the books so I don't know how they stack up against each other but the film was compelling.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   04-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I watched this yesterday and thought it quite good, albeit incredibly dark. I have not read the books so I don't know how they stack up against each other but the film was compelling.

I have books, but I haven't read them yet...:p

Two sequel films, "The Girl who played with fire" and "The girl who kicked the hornets' nest" were also good!
The Mad American   04-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I have avoided both the books and the movies for some reason. I usually have an aversion to things that seem to get super popular super fast. I may have to break down and give them a shot since the feedback they get seems to be almost all positive.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Medusa   04-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I have watched all 3 movies. They are all on Netflix instant streaming currently. I loved them all. I saw the first 2 before I bought the first book. I enjoyed the the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it went into a lot more detail so when I rewatched the movie with my son some things made more sense. I am struggling thru the The Girl Who Played with Fire as it started out with a lot (and I mean a lot) of mathematical talk which I couldn't follow. I got past that and its moving along pretty good. I also have The Girl Who Kicked a Hornets Nest but until I finish . . . Playing with Fire . . . They are making a US remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo starting Daniel Craig so I'll probably see it just so I can see the movie without subtitles.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Scott Miller   04-06-2011, 10:16 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:I do the same thing. I work as a bookseller, when the first one came out I heard it was "really good". I put it in the mental maybe pile then forgot about it as others caught my interest. Then the second one came out and it exploded...how good could it really be? I decided not to bother.

But then about 3 weeks ago I caved and read the first book. Damn it was good and I would recommend it.(It's a dark twisted locked room mystery/Action film hybrid) Then the second, don't start it unless you have the third book. The first can stand on its own but 2 leads directly into 3.
Now that I've read them it's time to watch the movies.

Ditto. I am instantly suspicious of anything popular because how good can it be if the masses like it so much? And no, I don't hold myself above the masses but based on popularity charts, the masses and I don't agree on much. Though in this case I don't think I'll read the books because I don't read much noirish type fiction, but love cinema noir, because it seems so real and your visit with a book lasts much longer than with a movie.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels