Helen   03-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Has anyone else seen Faster with The Rock? Yes he doesn't use that name anymore, but he'll always be The Rock to everyone I think.

We watched it last night from Netflix. It was surprisingly very good. Of course Sig thought it was pretty awesome, except for the Chevelle he drove, Sig said it should have been a Mustang. Smile

It was a good action/revenge movie with enough violence to keep men happy and enough of The Rock and the man that plays Killer to keep women happy, or at least I enjoyed that part of it!

Its worth checking out. And the guy who played Mr. Eko from LOST is in it as well.
The Mad American   03-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Helen Wrote:Has anyone else seen Faster with The Rock? Yes he doesn't use that name anymore, but he'll always be The Rock to everyone I think.

We watched it last night from Netflix. It was surprisingly very good. Of course Sig thought it was pretty awesome, except for the Chevelle he drove, Sig said it should have been a Mustang. Smile

It was a good action/revenge movie with enough violence to keep men happy and enough of The Rock and the man that plays Killer to keep women happy, or at least I enjoyed that part of it!

Its worth checking out. And the guy who played Mr. Eko from LOST is in it as well.

Yeah this is on my list to see, and The Rock being in it will make my wife agreable to seeing it as well.

Glad to hear it held up.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Medusa   03-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I'll have to check that out. I was kind of getting tired of his silly Tooth Fairy style movies. I like him better in action. And yes he is pretty kind on the eyes!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
cobalt   03-10-2011, 10:37 AM
It's on our queue....maybe I'll move it to the #1 spot.

EWMAN
t4terrific   03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I was glad to see The Rock do an R-rated action movie. He was a cold blooded killer seeking revenge. I just couldn't really get to know the characters. The Rock has so much personality, but none of it was allowed to come through with the character. (Even The Terminator had personality.) It felt too robotic.

I'm glad he went this direction in his career. He was getting too cartoony and losing his built in fan base. I've always felt Dwayne Johnson could be the biggest action star of all time (box office wise). Bigger and better than Arnold was. That's why I hated seeing him do so many kid films. I'm glad he's gone to R-rated action. I don't think this was a good example of his potential, but Faster was worth watching for some of the cold blooded kill scenes, and the Chevelle was cool too. Big Grin
This post was last modified: 03-10-2011, 01:13 PM by t4terrific.