Karithna   03-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I didn't find a post about this one yet. I thought this was coming to theaters, but it's on netflix streaming now. Alien infected zone in mexico. Big walking Octopi. Somewhat realistic reactions to situations.

Overall, not my favorite, but definitely worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njeofv4dr9Q

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
The Mad American   03-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Karithna Wrote:I didn't find a post about this one yet. I thought this was coming to theaters, but it's on netflix streaming now. Alien infected zone in mexico. Big walking Octopi. Somewhat realistic reactions to situations.

Overall, not my favorite, but definitely worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njeofv4dr9Q

I am a sucker for monster movies. Thanks for the heads up.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Anemone of the State   03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Seems like something better served as a game than a movie... but I'll withhold final judgment until I see it. Thanks for the link.

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein
GeraldRice   03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I saw this a few months ago. You can easily swap out the monsters for rebels, terrorists, etc. They are a backdrop to the relationship to the main 2 characters. I enjoyed it, but my wife hated it. They put some thought into the monsters and probably from the lack of a significant budget kept them from showing them every other minute. That's a good thing as it plays up the creep factor.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com