Scott Miller   03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I just finished the original series from the BBC and it is absolutely brilliant. I haven't been this engrossed since The Wire which I consider to be the best thing I've ever seen. It is a drama done in a thriller style. Everything about it is simply outstanding. The acting, writing, and production are all top notch. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't like to be spoonfed their entertainment.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I just finished the original series from the BBC and it is absolutely brilliant. I haven't been this engrossed since The Wire which I consider to be the best thing I've ever seen. It is a drama done in a thriller style. Everything about it is simply outstanding. The acting, writing, and production are all top notch. I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't like to be spoonfed their entertainment.

Nice and timely with this review Miller. I was just looking at this series and was kind of on the fence. Now I will order it and look forward to watching it.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

GeraldRice   03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Nice and timely with this review Miller. I was just looking at this series and was kind of on the fence. Now I will order it and look forward to watching it.

I saw the movie and enjoyed it. Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson was good too. Wasn't that based on a British TV show?

And don't get me started on The Wire. I devoured that show on DVD.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Nice and timely with this review Miller. I was just looking at this series and was kind of on the fence. Now I will order it and look forward to watching it.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I didn't mention earlier that it also has some great wry humor; Bill Nighy has some great lines. And there is something about Polly Walker that works for me.

GeraldRice Wrote:I saw the movie and enjoyed it. Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson was good too. Wasn't that based on a British TV show?

And don't get me started on The Wire. I devoured that show on DVD.

Actually I haven't seen the movie although I do intend to watch it for comparison's sake; this was a six episode series that the movie is based on.

And I'm just waiting for Season 1 of the Wire to arrive at my library so I can start rewatching it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels