Pages (2): 1 2   
RootsReggae   02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I just finished reading Sibs last night and I cannot fifure out how it relates to the secret history. I'm trying to read everything that relates to adversary cylce or repairman jack. Sibs seemed a little bit like Hosts, but that is the only connection I found. Someone that knows please elaborate.
Jeffdwisc   02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:I just finished reading Sibs last night and I cannot fifure out how it relates to the secret history. I'm trying to read everything that relates to adversary cylce or repairman jack. Sibs seemed a little bit like Hosts, but that is the only connection I found. Someone that knows please elaborate.

I am sorry I ready this awhile ago, but I do remember a connection. I know that the doctor's house in Sibs is the same house that Jack and Alicia find themselves in at the end of "Legacies". Sorry I cannot be more specific right now.
This post was last modified: 02-25-2011, 01:45 PM by Jeffdwisc.
Mr Osala   02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Has he written anything that ISN'T connected to either the cycle or Repairman jack? or is he trying to dovetail all his books into it?

Dyslexics of the world untie
Alvin Fox   02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Ahem, let's see:

Jack uses Dr. Gates' house as part of a fix in Legacies.

In All the Rage, Monnet was trying to win an auction for a half case of wine offered by the Gates estate.

And if you want to go in another direction...

The Gati family in Sibs was also featured in "Menage a Trois".
There was a Detective Burke in "Menage a Trois" who was also in "The Cleaning Machine".
The machine is described as an 'infernal machine'.

And a reference to Julio's.
RootsReggae   02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks Alvin. I think that answered it for me. I think nightkill should be added to the secret histories now because Jack meets Jake & Sarge in secret vengence
fpw   02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Mr Osala Wrote:Has he written anything that ISN'T connected to either the cycle or Repairman jack? or is he trying to dovetail all his books into it?
Apocalyptic novels like Midnight Mass or Virgin can't fit into the Secret History.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Mr Osala   02-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Glad to see there's something! Big Grin

Dyslexics of the world untie
KRW   02-27-2011, 06:07 PM
fpw Wrote:Apocalyptic novels like Midnight Mass or Virgin can't fit into the Secret History.

Hmm, I thought it was the same church in both "Virgin" and "Crisscross". If so, you could say they are alternate universes that over lap.Wink
sjfwhite   02-27-2011, 09:36 PM
fpw Wrote:Apocalyptic novels like Midnight Mass or Virgin can't fit into the Secret History.

I'd love to rejoin the Midnight Mass world. That was a great book, Paul! Does that world ever call back to you to re-enter or is too much of a (excuse the pun) dead end? Smile
molasar808   04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Just finished Sibs last night. I find that Julio's is mentioned and other folks have pointed out the tie-ins with the Gates' estate and the townhouse in Legacies.

Now, I may be stretching a bit but Couldn't Gabor have been touched by the Otherness? He certainly displayed the physical characteristics and his mental ability is not out of reach...

I also find it interesting that the Lati family was fleeing Hungary (Right next to Romania) during a period of time when a certain "R" was busying himself with trying to depart from the Dinu Pass.

Probably a long shot but facinating nonetheless.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
Pages (2): 1 2