Maggers   02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
With Liam, I've discovered my inner Trekkie. I've always been mad about Capt. James Kirk, but watching the entire original series from start to finish has fueled the fire all the more.

I also love Monty Python. Combine Star Trek and Python and you get this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QSaM5gQ9vo

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I thought we were the only ones. We got the Netflix DVD's of Wrath of Khan and The Voyage Home and got our son hooked on them. Luckily the others are all on streaming.

Another proud trekie! I grew up on Star Trek. Beam me up Scotty!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
webby   02-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Just because I went to great lengths to find the tricorder sound effect and turn it into a ring tone for my cell phone does not make me a Trekkie.

I'm a TrekkER. So there. :p Big Grin

When I saw the title of this thread, Maggers, I thought you were going to post about Katie, the little first-grade girl who was teased at school for using a Star Wars water bottle. I know - you wrote Star Trek, not Star Wars, but the "...proud of it!" part of the title made me think of Katie.

Click the link above if you want to read Katie's heartwarming story and see how all the big geek girls (like us) support our little sisters in geekiness. Have some tissues handy. Or tribbles. Whichever. Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Mad American   02-25-2011, 01:11 AM
webby Wrote:Just because I went to great lengths to find the tricorder sound effect and turn it into a ring tone for my cell phone does not make me a Trekkie.

I'm a TrekkER. So there. :p Big Grin

When I saw the title of this thread, Maggers, I thought you were going to post about Katie, the little first-grade girl who was teased at school for using a Star Wars water bottle. I know - you wrote Star Trek, not Star Wars, but the "...proud of it!" part of the title made me think of Katie.

Click the link above if you want to read Katie's heartwarming story and see how all the big geek girls (like us) support our little sisters in geekiness. Have some tissues handy. Or tribbles. Whichever. Smile

I followed Katies story as it kind of happened or least was relayed through the media. What an awesome story. I am not a geek girl...at least I am pretty sure I am not one. But I can see the makings of one in my beautiful daughter and this kind of stuff makes me smile.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

cobalt   02-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Trekkie here! I've loved Star Trek since I was a kid....reruns rule!

EWMAN
Kenji   02-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I am Trekkie,too!

I saw all movies in a theater, and I have all TV series DVDs and movies DVDs. Big Grin
Karithna   03-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Maggers Wrote:I also love Monty Python. Combine Star Trek and Python and you get this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QSaM5gQ9vo

Now THAT'S entertainment!!!!! Many a facebook friend will ROFLMAO and LOL with the sharing of this gem!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein