Kenji   01-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Two burglars killed the Clyde's wife and daughter. But because of plea bargain, one guy got a death sentence, and other guy got sentenced to only 10 years at prison.

10 years later, the revenge begin by Clyde. But soon Clyde was arrested. But even if he was arrested, revenge never end. The revenge goes on. To participants of prosecutors who released one murderer....

This one terrific thriller film,"Law Abiding Citizen" had a lot of surprise scenes. Actually, I shouted "wow" at one scene. :eek: And Gerald Butler and Jamie Foxx, their fights and tactics were thrilling.

By the way, in Japanese law system, we have not plea bargain. I don't understand why American law system have plea bargain.... :confused:
GeraldRice   01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
It's a means to save the People of the State the expense of a trial by allowing a defendant to plead guilty to a lesser charge. The prosecutor has at his or her discretion whether or not to offer a deal, though.

But how does it work in Japan? You go to trial no matter what?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Kenji   01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:It's a means to save the People of the State the expense of a trial by allowing a defendant to plead guilty to a lesser charge. The prosecutor has at his or her discretion whether or not to offer a deal, though.

But how does it work in Japan? You go to trial no matter what?

Japanese trial is very simple.

Guilty or not guilty.
Scott Miller   01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Kenji Wrote:Japanese trial is very simple.

Guilty or not guilty.

How is that determined? Jury trial or simply a judge making a decision?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   01-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:How is that determined? Jury trial or simply a judge making a decision?

Since last year, our law system started jury trial. So "we" do determine "guilty or not guilty", and "A prison term". :alberteinstein:

So we don't deal with plea bargain.... yet. But maybe someday... :dontknow:
Scott Miller   01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Kenji Wrote:Since last year, our law system started jury trial. So "we" do determine "guilty or not guilty", and "A prison term". :alberteinstein:

Run away! Learn from our mistakes. And thanks for the info.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Kenji Wrote:Since last year, our law system started jury trial. So "we" do determine "guilty or not guilty", and "A prison term". :alberteinstein:

Plea bargains just put the dirtbags back out on the streets quicker. Scott's right, learn from our mistakes.

There is no wise man without fault
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Brian Wrote:Plea bargains just put the dirtbags back out on the streets quicker. Scott's right, learn from our mistakes.

Do you see anyway out of this dilemma, Brian? I sure don't.
Kenji   01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Run away! Learn from our mistakes. And thanks for the info.

Brian Wrote:Plea bargains just put the dirtbags back out on the streets quicker. Scott's right, learn from our mistakes.

Yeah, our system has no plea bargains, and even no life imprisonment....
GeraldRice   01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd be all for no plea bargains if they unclogged the legal system by decriminalizing pot or small amounts of drugs. Maybe institute a manrape rule in lieu of prison sentences?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com