Scott Miller   12-30-2010, 05:00 PM
I thought this was one of the better dramas I've seen in awhile. Annette Benning and Julianne Moore are lesbian mothers of two teens. The son initiates contact with the sperm donor and when they meet the man, Mark Ruffalo, all their lives get a bit more complicated. Very smart and well-acted, definitely worth the rent.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I thought this was one of the better dramas I've seen in awhile. Annette Benning and Julianne Moore are lesbian mothers of two teens. The son initiates contact with the sperm donor and when they meet the man, Mark Ruffalo, all their lives get a bit more complicated. Very smart and well-acted, definitely worth the rent.

Great title, too. Wink
Scott Miller   12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Great title, too. Wink

Not a hint of the song in the movie, although I did like the soundtrack and may pick up a copy with some of my X-mas dough.

Scott

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Not a hint of the song in the movie, although I did like the soundtrack and may pick up a copy with some of my X-mas dough.

What's on the ST?
Scott Miller   12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:What's on the ST?

It seems like a good blend of modern alternative and some obscure classic rock.

http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Are-All-Right...430&sr=1-1

Scott

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:It seems like a good blend of modern alternative and some obscure classic rock.

http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Are-All-Right...430&sr=1-1

Sounds like a good mix. Hey, filmmakers! That great Borg/Lindner songwriting team is looking for work. On time, quality sounds, and cheap!:bigsmile:
The Mad American   12-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I thought this was one of the better dramas I've seen in awhile. Annette Benning and Julianne Moore are lesbian mothers of two teens. The son initiates contact with the sperm donor and when they meet the man, Mark Ruffalo, all their lives get a bit more complicated. Very smart and well-acted, definitely worth the rent.

I just read a review of this that stated it was one of the best films of 2010. Sounds like something I could enjoy, will have to check it out.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Miller   12-31-2010, 12:56 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I just read a review of this that stated it was one of the best films of 2010. Sounds like something I could enjoy, will have to check it out.

It was reviewed on one of the last At The Movies and they both raved about it and as you say it kept showing up on a lot of year's best lists so I thought I'd give it a shot and for once the reviewers were pretty accurate. I don't know if would make my overall Top 10 but it wouldn't definitely be in my Top 10 dramas list.

Scott

Auskar   12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
"The Kids are Alright" was originally a 1965 album by the Who (I think I have the year right). Although the album had "My Generation" on it, that version of the song was not very good. It was done much better on the "Live at Leeds" album.

I sort of like the Who.

TerrLight.com, is where I can spout off about anything. Visit. Link.