Kenji   12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
This evening I saw new movie, "TRON Legacy".

Definitely this is one of impressive movies in 2010. Trust me, if you liked 1st movie, you'll love it! I guarantee it. Wink

But if you disliked 1st movie....well, forget about it! Tron Legacy is better than 1st. Fantastic CGI effect, an exciting action sequence, and Jeff Bridges. Grid battle scenes were most excellent.

Oh, and don't forget to see it in I-MAX 3-D.
The Mad American   12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I liked the first movie when I saw it because it looked so different than anything that was out or had been out. So the second one interests me, but not as much as I thought it would.

It has been getting really bad reviews so it is good to hear you like it Kenji. May talk myself into seeing it.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Hajek   12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
I have been looking forward to a Tron sequel since the first movie came out. So, I'm truly excited about seeing this one. I don't care what the "critics" say about it, they rarely have any credibility. However, a positive review from Kenji is just the icing on the cake.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Kenji   12-22-2010, 11:11 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I liked the first movie when I saw it because it looked so different than anything that was out or had been out. So the second one interests me, but not as much as I thought it would.

I agree. The first movie was....well, yeah, it was "different" and I liked it. And this the second one,"Tron Legacy" is not different. But it's great one!

The Mad American Wrote:It has been getting really bad reviews so it is good to hear you like it Kenji. May talk myself into seeing it.

Bad reviews? I don't care about professional critics. They know nothing. Wink
Kenji   12-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I have been looking forward to a Tron sequel since the first movie came out. So, I'm truly excited about seeing this one. I don't care what the "critics" say about it, they rarely have any credibility. However, a positive review from Kenji is just the icing on the cake.

Maybe my review is too positive. Big Grin

Anyway Tron Legacy is good sequel. This is one good example as a sequel.
The Mad American   12-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Kenji Wrote:I agree. The first movie was....well, yeah, it was "different" and I liked it. And this the second one,"Tron Legacy" is not different. But it's great one!

Bad reviews? I don't care about professional critics. They know nothing. Wink

Good point Kenji. After your review I plan on seeing this in 3D this weekend. Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Hajek   12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I saw it on Tuesday. It was a great tribute to the original movie and the "legacy" of TRON. Does it stand on it's own? I don't think so. I think you really need to see the first movie to appreciate all of this one. But, I do think it is worthwhile if you like movies, computers and good, stylized action. I hope that there is a sequel to this movie just to answer some of the new questions.

I don't know if it is necessary to see it in 3D. But, the bigger the screen and the louder the bass, the better it will be.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]