lexator222   12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Hello, Gang.
Been away for awhile and decided to drop in, after finishing up with the latest RJ novel "Fatal Error". I had just finished another book called "Sandman Slim", and I see that a couple of the people on this site had actually read it, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed how it seems that while all the stuff that was going on in the last couple of novels with Jack on the East Coast, this book almost seems like the same timeline, just set on the West Coast, in Los Angeles.
It's a truely amazing story, with a GREAT ending! No doubt that it will be made into a movie shortly. The comparisons between Jack and "James" (sandman Slim) are incredible, they could be brothers, both in mannerisms and in descriptions. Sandman Slim was a LIVING human, who was dragged into Hell, first time in creation that was done, and then, after 11 years of torture, and fighting his way daily, just to "stay alive" (since he cannot be killed easily), he stumbles on a way to escape from Hell, and come back to Earth, to get his revenge on those that sent him to Hell.
Long story short, he runs into a group of "angels", who want him to join them, since he is now a legend in both Hell AND Heaven, but not to fight the demons and Satan, but to fight a "Other" group of beings (Almost like the "Otherness" from Jack's universe) These are beings who get power from chaos (Like Molasar) and they want to pit Hell against Heaven, so they can step in, after the smoke clears, and just take over the whole ballgame.
the more I read, the more I noticed subtle comparisons to Jack's universe, and several aspects of that, including a person that Sandman Slim goes to, just like "Abe" in Jack's universe, this fellow is a bartender at a beer bar on Hollywood Blvd. Very similar situations.
Anyway, I'm going out to get the second novel "Kill the dead" right after I logoff from here! I just LOVE that story!

Let me know what you people think!:alberteinstein:

Lex
Scott Miller   12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
That was a cool book; I had forgotten I'd read it until your post and I see that there is a sequel so thanks for the reminder.

lexator222 Wrote:Hello, Gang.
Been away for awhile and decided to drop in, after finishing up with the latest RJ novel "Fatal Error". I had just finished another book called "Sandman Slim", and I see that a couple of the people on this site had actually read it, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed how it seems that while all the stuff that was going on in the last couple of novels with Jack on the East Coast, this book almost seems like the same timeline, just set on the West Coast, in Los Angeles.
It's a truely amazing story, with a GREAT ending! No doubt that it will be made into a movie shortly. The comparisons between Jack and "James" (sandman Slim) are incredible, they could be brothers, both in mannerisms and in descriptions. Sandman Slim was a LIVING human, who was dragged into Hell, first time in creation that was done, and then, after 11 years of torture, and fighting his way daily, just to "stay alive" (since he cannot be killed easily), he stumbles on a way to escape from Hell, and come back to Earth, to get his revenge on those that sent him to Hell.
Long story short, he runs into a group of "angels", who want him to join them, since he is now a legend in both Hell AND Heaven, but not to fight the demons and Satan, but to fight a "Other" group of beings (Almost like the "Otherness" from Jack's universe) These are beings who get power from chaos (Like Molasar) and they want to pit Hell against Heaven, so they can step in, after the smoke clears, and just take over the whole ballgame.
the more I read, the more I noticed subtle comparisons to Jack's universe, and several aspects of that, including a person that Sandman Slim goes to, just like "Abe" in Jack's universe, this fellow is a bartender at a beer bar on Hollywood Blvd. Very similar situations.
Anyway, I'm going out to get the second novel "Kill the dead" right after I logoff from here! I just LOVE that story!

Let me know what you people think!:alberteinstein:

Lex

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
lexator222   12-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:That was a cool book; I had forgotten I'd read it until your post and I see that there is a sequel so thanks for the reminder.

Yes, I just finished the second novel "Kill the dead", and it really seems like "Nightworld" and this novel series are running side by side! Except for different coasts, of course!

Lex

JACK fan
cobalt   01-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Sounds interesting to me....maybe a trip to the bookstore is in order. All those gift cards.....so little time. lol

EWMAN
lexator222   01-03-2011, 01:50 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Sounds interesting to me....maybe a trip to the bookstore is in order. All those gift cards.....so little time. lol

Hey, trust me, you will not be disappointed. Sandman slim is not like Jack, he has no scruples about killing, especially a demon from hell, or one of his minions! This guy is a major badass with a capital "B". However, unlike Jack, he's more like a loose bull in the china shop type of action hero. Even though he's also an "anti-hero"!

Lex

JACK fan