Karithna   11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
This weekend I watched (on netflix) a bbc series called Survivors. Two seasons, six episodes each, one hour long. Based on a book by Terry Nation, which I haven't read but am nbow interested.

It's all about a pandemic flu that kills 99% of the world population. Definitely worth watching. Plus there's a Jack-esque character involved (you'll figure it out pretty quickly). I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/370/index.jsp

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
GeraldRice   11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Karithna Wrote:This weekend I watched (on netflix) a bbc series called Survivors. Two seasons, six episodes each, one hour long. Based on a book by Terry Nation, which I haven't read but am nbow interested.

It's all about a pandemic flu that kills 99% of the world population. Definitely worth watching. Plus there's a Jack-esque character involved (you'll figure it out pretty quickly). I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Bam. And -alam. Ordered it from the library. It's not available yet, though.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
The Mad American   11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Karithna Wrote:This weekend I watched (on netflix) a bbc series called Survivors. Two seasons, six episodes each, one hour long. Based on a book by Terry Nation, which I haven't read but am nbow interested.

Yeah I posted about this a while back. I really really liked this series. The range of characters made it work for me. They had been playing it on BBCAmerica but stopped playing it after about 6 episodes so I too took the Netflix route and watched the two seasons.

It was also a series in the 70s I guess and this series is a remake of that one with the writer having more control this time.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

webby   11-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Add me to the fan list for Survivors. I'm also watching it on Netflix and gave it 4 of 5 stars. Good story, good characters, good acting. Very enjoyable.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IanSF   11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
webby Wrote:Add me to the fan list for Survivors. I'm also watching it on Netflix and gave it 4 of 5 stars. Good story, good characters, good acting. Very enjoyable.

And also very frustrating. Enjoy what you've got, 'coz there aint no more.
Series axed
The Mad American   11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
webby Wrote:Add me to the fan list for Survivors. I'm also watching it on Netflix and gave it 4 of 5 stars. Good story, good characters, good acting. Very enjoyable.

I discussed this on the other post I made about this series but I love the sociopath aspect they have. The Tom character adds some interesting stuff, yeah he is a sociopath but he is our sociopath. The episode where there are taken as slaves to work the mine and they have the guy that is really seriously hurt and don't know what to do with him, and Tom goes and takes care of him. Good stuff right there.

~ Red Buttons

Kenji   11-22-2010, 11:06 PM

I really like this show. A few months ago season2 finished, and I'm waiting for next season.
webby   11-23-2010, 01:17 AM
IanSF Wrote:And also very frustrating. Enjoy what you've got, 'coz there aint no more.
Series axed

Dammit. There are so very few things on tv that I find worth watching. And this is usually what happens to them. :mad:

The Mad American Wrote:I discussed this on the other post I made about this series but I love the sociopath aspect they have. The Tom character adds some interesting stuff, yeah he is a sociopath but he is our sociopath. The episode where there are taken as slaves to work the mine and they have the guy that is really seriously hurt and don't know what to do with him, and Tom goes and takes care of him. Good stuff right there.

Ack! Spoilers! Spoilers! [Image: throw.gif]

I've only watched the first five episodes so far, but that's ok, MA. It's just a little spoiler. *hugs*

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Mad American   11-23-2010, 01:21 AM
webby Wrote:Dammit. There are so very few things on tv that I find worth watching. And this is usually what happens to them. :mad:

Ack! Spoilers! Spoilers! [Image: throw.gif]

I've only watched the first five episodes so far, but that's ok, MA. It's just a little spoiler. *hugs*

Crap!! Many apologies. I should and do know better. I will add spoiler alerts any time I mention specifics. Now off to self abuse...Wink

~ Red Buttons