Pages (3):    1 2 3   
cobalt   12-10-2010, 12:56 PM
fpw Wrote:Cobalt's pretty much got it. I'd like to come back to those Piney kids sometime (without Jack). Or maybe their kids (so the setting could be contemporary).

I just noticed this....cool beans! Cool
I so love it when I get it right.

EWMAN
GCBurner   01-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I got the email today that Secret Vengeance just shipped, so I can finally read it and catch up with all y'all early release folks.
KRW   01-31-2011, 01:00 AM
GCBurner Wrote:I got the email today that Secret Vengeance just shipped, so I can finally read it and catch up with all y'all early release folks.

You'll love it! I read it in about six hours.
Sev   02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Howdy folks!

Quick question: Right after Jack's confrontation with the guy who has all those traps in the spong (sp), and his conversation with Mr. Foster and Mrs. Clevinger, Jack is walking away.

The book says that he feels "six pairs of eyes on his back". I could only account for three pairs. Who is there that I am missing? Is it a typo? Seem's silly, but this has been racing around in the back of my mind for days!

Help!

Sev
cobalt   02-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I didn't think it was a typo. I thought the other pairs of eyes might have belonged to a few of the raccoons...ya know...the special ones.

EWMAN
webby   02-16-2011, 12:11 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I didn't think it was a typo. I thought the other pairs of eyes might have belonged to a few of the raccoons...ya know...the special ones.

That's what I ended up deciding, too. It did throw me a little - made me stop and think about it for a minute or two until I figured it must be racoons and went on.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rjack_fan   02-17-2011, 12:50 AM
I seem to remember a dog as well, but I could be thinking of another scene.
jerrund   02-19-2011, 09:05 PM
I personally liked the "Nightkill" tie-in in "Secret Vengeance", having read "Nightkill" for the first time a few weeks ago (after stumbling on where my local library stashes all of The Man's works).

No coincidences.
Scott Miller   02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
jerrund Wrote:I personally liked the "Nightkill" tie-in in "Secret Vengeance", having read "Nightkill" for the first time a few weeks ago (after stumbling on where my local library stashes all of The Man's works).

No coincidences.

That was a cool little cameo. I too feel we'll be seeing more of Ted in the next book and I know what Howard Cosell had said to get himself into trouble on Monday Night Football-I was watching the game when it happened.

All in all, I thought SV was the strongest of the three YA books. I liked how Jack had to discover his guiding principle and how he worried whether or not he'd crossed a line. And I have to give myself a pat on the back(know I'm not tired of doing so-why do you ask?)because I figured out the lock dilemma right when he was looking at all three locks.

And for those of you who haven't read it, seek out "Piney Power" a short story featuring Jack, Levi, and Saree.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
webby   02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:All in all, I thought SV was the strongest of the three YA books. I liked how Jack had to discover his guiding principle and how he worried whether or not he'd crossed a line.

I agree, Scott. SV gives us the best look yet at how Jack became the guy we saw in The Tomb.

And I was especially tickled by the scene with Mr. Rosen's nephew. I got a huge grin on my face reading those pages. Big Grin

Scott Miller Wrote:And I have to give myself a pat on the back(know I'm not tired of doing so-why do you ask?)because I figured out the lock dilemma right when he was looking at all three locks.

Good for you! I admit I was stumped.

Scott Miller Wrote:And for those of you who haven't read it, seek out "Piney Power" a short story featuring Jack, Levi, and Saree.

Thanks for the tip. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (3):    1 2 3