The "Other" Otherness   11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Sounds like we'll be getting 3 more Jack books (Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus!) in the coming future...and we'll learn how he meets his buddies Abe and Julio, and so forth, and that's all good.

Sounds like there's plenty of interest in Abe's history, even pre-RJ. Are there any tales to be told of early Abe in our future too (as in solo)?

I know I'd snag that in a heartbeat. I'd assume any FPW fan would. Has that been bandied about?

The "Other" Otherness - more of a curmudgeon than inimical when you get right down to it, and definitely less Adversarial.
cobalt   11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
We do know where and when Jack meets Abe. But I'm interested in their future workings together after that meet. They have such a good friendship....I'd love to know how they got so close.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-17-2010, 04:20 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:We do know where and when Jack meets Abe. But I'm interested in their future workings together after that meet. They have such a good friendship....I'd love to know how they got so close.

I suspect they were in a grim situation together, and each learned he could trust the other to the limit.

That's just an ah-deer. I'm only a lyricist. Paul is a Grandmaster fictioneer. Maybe they caught each other cheating at Bingo.
Wicce   11-18-2010, 02:11 AM
heh heh I just replied with a statement to this effect on the thread about the three new Jack books and now I see there's a whole new thread begun about Abe. =)

I, too, would like to see a book about Abe's start in the world, so to speak.....

Gina

The "Other" Otherness Wrote:Sounds like we'll be getting 3 more Jack books (Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus!) in the coming future...and we'll learn how he meets his buddies Abe and Julio, and so forth, and that's all good.

Sounds like there's plenty of interest in Abe's history, even pre-RJ. Are there any tales to be told of early Abe in our future too (as in solo)?

I know I'd snag that in a heartbeat. I'd assume any FPW fan would. Has that been bandied about?
Ken Valentine   11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I suspect they were in a grim situation together, and each learned he could trust the other to the limit.
We've pretty much already learned that.

Highlight spoiler.

In Secret Vengence, when Abe meets Jack in USED, and tests his honesty. That incident told both of them that the other could be trusted.

Ken V.
nonquixote   11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I think a good storyline might involve the Feds somehow getting wind of Abe's real line of work, maybe by busting one of his suppliers, and Jack doing a fix-it to deflect their attention. Just an idea. Maybe suitable for one of the upcoming prequels?

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.