Pages (12):    1 8 9 10 11 12   
Marc   03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Until recently I didn't realize it was the same Kirkman that did Battle Pope, a series I loved. Knowing that and enjoying the show I'll probably pick up the first volume and see if it appeals to me.
PicardRex   03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Marc Wrote:Until recently I didn't realize it was the same Kirkman that did Battle Pope, a series I loved. Knowing that and enjoying the show I'll probably pick up the first volume and see if it appeals to me.

A word of warning though, which I meant to include in my other post. Some of the characters are significantly different in the books and of course some of their fates have been changed in the show as well.
Medusa   03-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks so much! I'm going to order them!
PicardRex Wrote:On an unrelated/semi-related note, I believe it was you that had asked about Quinell's Creasy(Man on Fire)books, it appears they have made it to the kindle now and are only about $8 a piece. If you are like me and prefer the actual book, all but one of them were fairly cheap on Amazon as of noon today.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Medusa   03-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Marc, I can lend it to you if you want. The Man on Fire book, right? PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
Marc Wrote:Until recently I didn't realize it was the same Kirkman that did Battle Pope, a series I loved. Knowing that and enjoying the show I'll probably pick up the first volume and see if it appeals to me.

Veronica
Marc   03-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Medusa Wrote:Marc, I can lend it to you if you want. The Man on Fire book, right? PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Is this one of the graphic novels? If so, which one? I ordered the first through iBooks on the iPad. Actually looks really good on the new Retina display. About 3/4 through and am really enjoying it.
LolaRennt   03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
I didn't realize that there had been a novel written that focussed solely on The Governor. Has anyone read it, and is it any good?

Why do I always do this to myself???
PicardRex   03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Marc Wrote:Is this one of the graphic novels? If so, which one? I ordered the first through iBooks on the iPad. Actually looks really good on the new Retina display. About 3/4 through and am really enjoying it.

I apologize for the confusion that my aside seems to have caused. Man on Fire is the first novel in the Creasy series by AJ Quinell, Medusa had asked awhile back in another thread if anyone had read any of them. I responded in that other thread about the first two, but said that at the time, the remaining three were hard/expensive to find. I brought it up in this thread because I had noticed they dropped in price and had been Kindleized, giving her a heads up were she still interested. They have nothing to do with The Walking Dead.

As for TWD, I am glad you are enjoying it, the first one is sort of my favorite, but they are all pretty good in my opinion.
Scott Miller   03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:I didn't realize that there had been a novel written that focussed solely on The Governor. Has anyone read it, and is it any good?

I did and thought it was pretty dang good and it has a sequel coming out as well. I posted this a ways back:

I hope they rerun the first half of this season as I didn't record it.

On a side note, I just finished a novel set in The Walking Dead world called The Walking Dead: Rise Of The Governor by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga that was quite good(and I don't say that about a lot of zombie stuff); plenty of gross action for zombie fans to masticate. Kirkman is the creator of TWD and Bonansinga is an author I've always liked and the Governor is a character from the comics, but not sure if he has made an appearance or if they are planning on including him at some point in the TV show.
This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Medusa   03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
This is just the novel. I didn't know they were made into graphic novels.
Marc Wrote:Is this one of the graphic novels? If so, which one? I ordered the first through iBooks on the iPad. Actually looks really good on the new Retina display. About 3/4 through and am really enjoying it.

Veronica
Marc   03-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Medusa Wrote:This is just the novel. I didn't know they were made into graphic novels.

The show is based on the graphic novels. Smile
Pages (12):    1 8 9 10 11 12