saynomore   10-06-2010, 06:36 AM
This movie is about the guy(s) who created facebook. Even though it's hard for me to sympathize with the problems facing a billionaire, the movie haunts me. It hit a nerve, kinda like Citizen Kane with Rosebud. There's a lot of Oscar buzz around this movie. We'll see. It has to contend with Never Let Me Go, which is the frontrunner for best picture IMHO. But at least the movie starred the new Spiderman actor, who looks like a Bizarro Peter Parker, IMHO. I recommend the movie only for Oscar fans.

AC

P.S. Haunting, I tell ya.
colburn0004   10-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I thought it was a great movie. The acting and dialogue were great, and Trent Rezners music for the movie oddly went perfect with the movie. I think it was that music and direction that gave it that erie feel(the first scene and the scene near the end with the shares stand out)

Going in I didn't think I would like it, but walking out I actually wanted to see it again, and soon. I would definitely recommend, even though it's about facebook, it makes it in a way where the actual facebook is kind of unimportant.

________After this point somewhat spoilers(I guess?)________
One of the final scenes where Eduardo finds out his shares were reduced was so erie and done so perfectly. That and the first scene where Mark is talking to his girlfriend are the two stand out scenes from the movie, the dialogue in the first scene is just flawless and I think really shows the character of Zuckerberg and how he is, which really helps set up the movie. Did I mention I walked out of this movie loving it? Tongue

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
colburn0004   10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Really? No one seeing this? Saddened....

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
GeraldRice   10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I want to, but it's hard enough to get into a movie without the little one. Now my wife is freaked out about bed bugs. I'll have to rent it, I'm sure.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:Really? No one seeing this? Saddened....

Once upon a time I would've already seen it, but nowadays it's a renter. I don't think it will lose much in the translation from big to small screen.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Brian   10-13-2010, 11:24 PM
It's about Facebook, I might not even rent it. :dontknow:

There is no wise man without fault
cobalt   10-14-2010, 09:36 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:I want to, but it's hard enough to get into a movie without the little one. Now my wife is freaked out about bed bugs. I'll have to rent it, I'm sure.
Bed bugs from theater seats?! Oh gross!

EWMAN
colburn0004   10-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Brian Wrote:It's about Facebook, I might not even rent it. :dontknow:

I think this is the main reason I've heard that people aren't seeing it. I think the actual facebook aspect is pointless. Honestly you could just fill it in with some buddies creating any .com and it would still be a great movie. I think it just helps the movie a little that it's kind of cool it's based off the founding of facebook.

Kenji   01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
saynomore Wrote:This movie is about the guy(s) who created facebook. Even though it's hard for me to sympathize with the problems facing a billionaire, the movie haunts me. It hit a nerve, kinda like Citizen Kane with Rosebud. There's a lot of Oscar buzz around this movie. We'll see. It has to contend with Never Let Me Go, which is the frontrunner for best picture IMHO. But at least the movie starred the new Spiderman actor, who looks like a Bizarro Peter Parker, IMHO. I recommend the movie only for Oscar fans.

AC

P.S. Haunting, I tell ya.

Oh, saynomore...where are you? :confused:

Today I saw Social Network. I'm so tired! A lot of dialogues with speak fast. Everybody spoke fast with a lot of dialogues! I guess this movie has the most lines among decade.

Well, the movie was good. It's David Fincher's film, but no blood, no violence.

Jesse Eisenberg played Mark Zuckerberg, he deserve Oscar nomination. He was cool and dry like Jeremy Irons in "The Reversal of Fortune".