gag   10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I know the first week sales are important for bestseller position. Do Kindle sales count in that or is it only printed books?

Thanks!
fpw   10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
gag Wrote:I know the first week sales are important for bestseller position. Do Kindle sales count in that or is it only printed books?

Thanks!

I don't think any ebooks count toward the Times list, and I assume the same for the others. Kindle sales count on the Kindle Bestseller List, of course.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
flyboy707   10-01-2010, 07:16 PM
fpw Wrote:I don't think any ebooks count toward the Times list, and I assume the same for the others. Kindle sales count on the Kindle Bestseller List, of course.

Probably a stupid question, but why is that?

My thought is a purchased book is a purchased book.

Or is the Times Bestseller List (and others) based on the number of units sold to retailers verses the number of books purchased by the consumer.

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."