saynomore   09-11-2010, 03:17 AM
I enjoy the Resident Evil movie series. Just as with the SAW series, I know what to expect and get it. So, when you throw in 3-D, I not only get what I expect to get, but I get 3-D too.

First things first: Alice, the cause behind the virus that turned humanity into a bunch of zombies, turned super-human when she was infected with the virus. So, The Umbrella Company, the BAD Guys, is trying to catch Alice or find another human with similar DNA to Alice. Thus, not only are the human survivors fighting off the zombies, they are subject to the experiments of TUC.

Said experiments turn some humans into super-monsters and this also holds true for the animals that are experimented on. Alice is trying to avoid capture by TUC, fighting off zombies and super-monsters, and running into just plain old bad humans living in this chaotic environment (think Mad Max).

Well, the movie folks decided to return Alice to human form from the get-go, so super-Alice is now gone. Good. Back to basics. The movie also runs like a video game. Good. Back to the story roots. And, lastly, the 3-D is part of the movie. Good. Not a movie with 3-D added (think Last Airbender). Oh, yea, and this movie sets up the next chapter. A few questions are answered, but who the hell's keeping track?!

To summarize: Sexy Alice still kicks ass, powers or not. The super-monsters are new, or rather updates of the old. The zombies still eat humans. And TUC is still up to no good. So, if you like the series, you won't be let down. Go see it. If you don't like the series, what the hell you reading this for. :p

AC

P.S. Only a handful of people in attendance for the IMAX showing at $15 bucks a pop. Hope this low number is not indicative of opening weekend earnings as two more episodes have been green-lighted.
This post was last modified: 09-11-2010, 03:24 AM by saynomore.
Kenji   09-11-2010, 04:46 AM
saynomore Wrote:I enjoy the Resident Evil movie series. Just as with the SAW series, I know what to expect and get it. So, when you throw in 3-D, I not only get what I expect to get, but I get 3-D too.

First things first: Alice, the cause behind the virus that turned humanity into a bunch of zombies, turned super-human when she was infected with the virus. So, The Umbrella Company, the BAD Guys, is trying to catch Alice or find another human with similar DNA to Alice. Thus, not only are the human survivors fighting off the zombies, they are subject to the experiments of TUC.

Said experiments turn some humans into super-monsters and this also holds true for the animals that are experimented on. Alice is trying to avoid capture by TUC, fighting off zombies and super-monsters, and running into just plain old bad humans living in this chaotic environment (think Mad Max).

Well, the movie folks decided to return Alice to human form from the get-go, so super-Alice is now gone. Good. Back to basics. The movie also runs like a video game. Good. Back to the story roots. And, lastly, the 3-D is part of the movie. Good. Not a movie with 3-D added (think Last Airbender). Oh, yea, and this movie sets up the next chapter. A few questions are answered, but who the hell's keeping track?!

To summarize: Sexy Alice still kicks ass, powers or not. The super-monsters are new, or rather updates of the old. The zombies still eat humans. And TUC is still up to no good. So, if you like the series, you won't be let down. Go see it. If you don't like the series, what the hell you reading this for. :p

AC

P.S. Only a handful of people in attendance for the IMAX showing at $15 bucks a pop. Hope this low number is not indicative of opening weekend earnings as two more episodes have been green-lighted.

Today I saw it with 3-D. Not IMAX, but pretty good 3-D effect. Actually at some scenes I almost tried to duck.

The opening scene was Shibuya in Tokyo. Shibuya is crowded city, so virus spread fast. Swell...

I've never played this game, but I like this series. The movie was also good, I thought it was better than "Resident Evil III". Milla as Alice, she's sexy and powerful, even if she returned to human.

I'm looking forward to next movie.
saynomore   09-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw it with 3-D. Not IMAX, but pretty good 3-D effect. Actually at some scenes I almost tried to duck.

The opening scene was Shibuya in Tokyo. Shibuya is crowded city, so virus spread fast. Swell...

I've never played this game, but I like this series. The movie was also good, I thought it was better than "Resident Evil III". Milla as Alice, she's sexy and powerful, even if she returned to human.

I'm looking forward to next movie.

Hey, Kenj. I see we're still watching the same movies on the same day.

The IMAX 3-D costs a bit more than the Real3-D, but it's worth it. I arrived early to make sure I got a good seat. With 3-D, the seat is the middle is imperative. You're right about the things flying off the screen. The rain scene and Milla running toward the screen and firing bullets at the audience in slow-motion were my favorite 3-D scenes.

So far, Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon, and now Resident Evil 3-D are the best 3-D movies.

AC

P.S. And maybe Despicable Me too.
Auskar   09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I like this series, too, but for some reason, I didn't like the last one too much. I think it was called "Extinction." I liked Apocalypse.

TerrLight.com, is where I can spout off about anything. Visit. Link.
flyingfox   09-19-2010, 01:05 PM
When I first saw the first one years ago it scared the 8888 out of me.
Then I saw the second one which, at the time, didn't scare me as much and ditto again for the third. All on DVD.
Then for some reason I said to my (now late, sadly) wife, Sue, would she be interested in watching the whole series one after the other with me, but that she would probably be scared, as I was expecting I would be.

It was the dogs that had really scared me initially.
Then I watched them with Sue and the dogs were little cuddly things with gore coats on them. In the making of, they looked more scared than me lol ;-)
Even Sue enjoyed them, i think it was the story she liked, she seemed to follow it. I liked the 3rd one best. Nothing to do with Ali Larter lol ;-)

After Sue died, mum said she wanted to see the Expendables, ok, and they showed a trailer to RE3D. Mum said that looks good, I had to remind her that was the same series of films that I had passed to her to try and she hated them. None the less, she wanted to watch it with me.

Naturally she didn't like it. But I did, the 3D to me is more holographic, if that makes sense and I hate the glasses and would prefer a 2D film, however it wasn't bad in 3D. The Axe looked like it was going to take my head off when it was thrown. If it had hit mum it would simply have bounced off lol ;-)

So, yes I liked the 3D film. Shame they had to mess the dogs up though, that was silly.
Oh and by the way, he told them "down" they disobeyed him, they sat only, they never went in the pown position!!

Sorry, waffling now.

PS - I thought they said the girl in the second one was in it, was she?
tenebroust   09-19-2010, 06:38 PM
It seems like a filler movie to me. Like a bridge movie to the next one rather than a movie on its own but it was okay and the 3D is pretty good.

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main