Pages (2): 1 2   
GeraldRice   08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I just saw this movie yesterday. Samuel L Jackson plays H, a man who is an expert at torturing people. Carrie Ann Moss is an FBI agent who is in charge of finding an American-born terrorist who's converted to radical Islam. This man was trained by the Army to disarm nuclear bombs and was doing something with the Russians with their nuclear material, but paid by Tehran to steal it. He did and vanished, allegedly making the nuclear material into 3 bombs. The army already has him in custody even though the news still says the search is on for him.

The army guys do the 'typical' torture until H gets there. H's methods border on insane, but he works on convincing the terrorist(s) he tortures that he will do anything to get the information, including but not limited to, chopping off the tip of a pinky.

As every gov't agency searches for these nuclear bombs the story builds into H doing something unthinkable.

I don't think this made it into theaters. For a direct-to-vid release it was pretty good.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-30-2010, 01:12 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I just saw this movie yesterday. Samuel L Jackson plays H, a man who is an expert at torturing people. Carrie Ann Moss is an FBI agent who is in charge of finding an American-born terrorist who's converted to radical Islam. This man was trained by the Army to disarm nuclear bombs and was doing something with the Russians with their nuclear material, but paid by Tehran to steal it. He did and vanished, allegedly making the nuclear material into 3 bombs. The army already has him in custody even though the news still says the search is on for him.

The army guys do the 'typical' torture until H gets there. H's methods border on insane, but he works on convincing the terrorist(s) he tortures that he will do anything to get the information, including but not limited to, chopping off the tip of a pinky.

As every gov't agency searches for these nuclear bombs the story builds into H doing something unthinkable.

I don't think this made it into theaters. For a direct-to-vid release it was pretty good.

Sounds pretty grim, Gerald. But I wonder--and I know =nothing= about this--could a guy really be trained to disarm nuclear weapons? Couldn't the Bad Guys contrive a unique triggering method for every bomb? Or have the weapon explode if tampered with in any way?
Brian   08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I'll add it to our Netfix queue. I like Samuel L, he's a decent actor in most of his movies.

There is no wise man without fault
GeraldRice   09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
You're getting vintage Samuel L. here. No dulled down Star Wars crap.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Sounds pretty grim, Gerald. But I wonder--and I know =nothing= about this--could a guy really be trained to disarm nuclear weapons? Couldn't the Bad Guys contrive a unique triggering method for every bomb? Or have the weapon explode if tampered with in any way?

I imagine the bad guys do come up with unique triggers. But the Experts with an 'E' know how to MacGuyver them into not exploding.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   09-07-2010, 09:54 AM
We watched Unthinkable last night. Although I didn't like the ending at all....I was on the edge of my seat watching and waiting for what "H" was going to do.
I don't remember this one at the movies.....maybe it went straight to video?

EWMAN
GeraldRice   09-08-2010, 10:34 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:We watched Unthinkable last night. Although I didn't like the ending at all....I was on the edge of my seat watching and waiting for what "H" was going to do.
I don't remember this one at the movies.....maybe it went straight to video?

I liked how H was perfectly willing to be the bad guy to get the job done. I don't know, was the movie trying to be preachy?

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   09-08-2010, 03:27 PM
No...H wasn't preachy...he was a realist....just one without any thoughts of using whatever was necessary to get the job done.
His matter of fact attitude was almost as scarry as some of his tools.

EWMAN
Brian   09-08-2010, 07:49 PM
After seeing Unthinkable, I can see why it was never released in theaters. Hollywood didn't want our brutality potential advertised. Surprising though, there are so many anti military/officialdom films out there. Why were they afraid to have this one out there? Chickenshit maybe?

There is no wise man without fault
saynomore   09-16-2010, 06:32 AM
The movie was released in theaters and bombed earlier this year. It lasted about a week and was pulled. I never got a chance to see it--it was pulled so fast. Just finished watching it. With that ending, I can see how bad word of mouth killed this movie. But worth watching. Paul recommended this movie as well in an earlier post.

AC

P.S. IMHO, doo what ya got ta doo. H said it straight, There's a winner and a loser, and the winner gets to write history. Scary, but true.
Pages (2): 1 2