saynomore   08-13-2010, 07:02 AM
I've been meaning to check out one of these operas on the movie screen for some time now. I finally got around to it. And I picked a doozy. I can't tell if it were good or bad; I just know I enjoyed the evening and will be attending more operas in the future. I mean, for the price of a movie, you can enjoy an opera on a good sound system on an IMAX screen. And you don't even have to wear the black tie and tails.

AC

P.S. This opera was only a few hours long, so that may have had to do with my enjoyment. The real test will come when I attend the 3 to 4 hour shows. Yikes.
Ken Valentine   08-13-2010, 08:55 AM
saynomore Wrote:I've been meaning to check out one of these operas on the movie screen for some time now. I finally got around to it. And I picked a doozy. I can't tell if it were good or bad; I just know I enjoyed the evening and will be attending more operas in the future. I mean, for the price of a movie, you can enjoy an opera on a good sound system on an IMAX screen. And you don't even have to wear the black tie and tails.

AC

P.S. This opera was only a few hours long, so that may have had to do with my enjoyment. The real test will come when I attend the 3 to 4 hour shows. Yikes.
The only opera I ever saw as a movie was The Pirates Of Penzance, and the live opera was better.

Live or movie, La Traviata has wonderful music.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
saynomore Wrote:I've been meaning to check out one of these operas on the movie screen for some time now. I finally got around to it. And I picked a doozy. I can't tell if it were good or bad; I just know I enjoyed the evening and will be attending more operas in the future. I mean, for the price of a movie, you can enjoy an opera on a good sound system on an IMAX screen. And you don't even have to wear the black tie and tails.

AC

There's an old curse familiar among opera lovers: "May you be trapped at a performance of "Tannhauser" without a cheese sandwich!" :eek6: