tsufuri   08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hello out there!

I´ve recieved my copy of Fatal Error and since I was reading it I can´t hide my
feeling telling me that I know the story from somewhere.
I mean not complete but, all about a sico with his terrifing calls and muner who have to cut off his finger. At the ponit were it comes to the delivery I had know, that he will run on the other guy who grabs the finger!??
Is there another movie or book about this theme?

Thanks for your help!

I´m a little confused!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
[quote=tsufuri]Hello out there!
I´ve recieved my copy of Fatal Error and since I was reading it I can´t hide my
feeling telling me that I know the story from somewhere.
I mean not complete but, all about a sico with his terrifing calls and muner who have to cut off his finger. At the ponit were it comes to the delivery I had know, that he will run on the other guy who grabs the finger!??
Is there another movie or book about this theme?

Thanks for your help!

I´m a little confused![/QUOTE
Well, Paul incorporated his short story "The Wringer" ("Hello, Moo-neer...") into FATAL ERROR. Perhaps you're thinking of that.
tsufuri   08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks a lot!

Now I remember from where I know parts of the book Big Grin

I didn´t came to - maybe because it was an audiobook where I heard it and in german :p
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
tsufuri Wrote:Thanks a lot!

Now I remember from where I know parts of the book Big Grin

I didn´t came to - maybe because it was an audiobook where I heard it and in german :p

Glad I could help!
This post was last modified: 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
DeuseS   11-05-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm really sorry that I've to dig up that old thread.
Here in good old germany I recieved the paperback of Fatal Error just 2 days ago - amazon wasn't able to deliver it earlier.
Extremely excited to go on with this amazing storyline, I started to read as soon as I had time. When I read the name "Munir" for the first time in this book, I always got the feeling that I know what would come. Today I went over to my other Repairman Jack books and there it hit me. Repairman Jack Short Fiction.

I mean what the hell? I was REALLY looking forward to this book and now I can read a story within it which I allready know? This is so utterly annoying and disappointing. Is Mr. Wilson lacking ideas for new fix it stories that he has to use old stuff? I do buy a new book (newer than the short stories), hoping for NEW stories to be told and then this? I might exaggerate a bit when saying, that I feel betrayed.
For me Mr. Wilson was one of the best authors out there and now it turns out, that my "addiction" to the Repairman Jack stories led me to one of the biggest disappointments ever - an author using an entire "old" story to fill the gaps within the greater story. Thumbs down.
This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 07:56 AM by DeuseS.
cobalt   11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
DeuseS Wrote:I'm really sorry that I've to dig up that old thread.
Here in good old germany I recieved the paperback of Fatal Error just 2 days ago - amazon wasn't able to deliver it earlier.
Extremely excited to go on with this amazing storyline, I started to read as soon as I had time. When I read the name "Munir" for the first time in this book, I always got the feeling that I know what would come. Today I went over to my other Repairman Jack books and there it hit me. Repairman Jack Short Fiction.

I mean what the hell? I was REALLY looking forward to this book and now I can read a story within it which I allready know? This is so utterly annoying and disappointing. Is Mr. Wilson lacking ideas for new fix it stories that he has to use old stuff? I do buy a new book (newer than the short stories), hoping for NEW stories to be told and then this? I might exaggerate a bit when saying, that I feel betrayed.
For me Mr. Wilson was one of the best authors out there and now it turns out, that my "addiction" to the Repairman Jack stories led me to one of the biggest disappointments ever - an author using an entire "old" story to fill the gaps within the greater story. Thumbs down.

Welcome, DeuseS.

SPOILER!!!!

I've found that the short stories just add to the whole picture of Jack's fight with the Otherness. Yes, Munir's tale is a large part of Fatal Error, but it's not the whole book. There are other events happening that are more important....as in the assault on the Internet that damages the Lady to the point of her losing much of her powers. It weakens her....and this will matter as you read on.
Of course....you have your right to your opinion....but I think you might want to keep reading....it get so much more intense...promise.

EWMAN
Tony H   11-07-2011, 12:11 PM
DeuseS Wrote:I'm really sorry that I've to dig up that old thread.

Prior to the idea of including all his "Jack" short stories into one anthology, "Quick Fixes" a lot of his short stories were scattered about in one collection or another and some were difficult to find! In an effort to make these stories available to his readers without them having to go out and buy a bunch of hard to find anthologies, he incorporated them into his Repairman Jack novels.

"The Last Rakosh" appears in "All the Rage", "The Wringer" is part of "Fatal Error" and there is plenty more strewn throughout the RJ universe.

It was done as a favor to his fans, not because he was running out of ideas.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Sev   11-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey folks,

I can see both sides here. I haven't read the Jack short stories (except the short from Amazon - A long way home). I can understand being a little dissappointed to find your brand new novel is comprised of 30% stuff you already read. On the other hand, they were excellent stories and the vast majority of RJ readers are more casual than the diehards on this site. They would miss out on these fixes.

On a related note (and I hate to belabour the point) is there any word on the hard-copy of Quick Fixes?

Sev