saynomore   08-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Salt--Bourne Identity remixed. Not a criticism. Liked it alot. All action. Get a large tup of popcorn for this one.

Charlie St. Cloud--Not advertised as a Christian movie, but I think it is. Again, not a criticism. Loved this flick. Teenager Charlie and his little brother Sam love sailing; Charlie's off to Stanford, Sam wants to be a pitcher for the Red Sox. Charlie promises to practice pitching and catching with Sam until he's off for school on a sailing scholarship. Bam. Accident. Sam is killed. Good old Ray Liotta as a paramedic brings Charlie back to life. But Charlie's promise to Sam must be kept. Yep, he pitches and catches with Sam's ghost. Charlie skips Stanford to work as a groundskeeper for the cemetery where Sam is buried. Charlie is locked in a time loop, meeting Sam daily to practice. Alas, Charlie falls in love and must decide between Sam and his new love. This summary does not give the story justice as there are some shocking twists and turns and a great ending that sums up the whole story conflict quite well. See this if you can in the theater. Great story. Great acting. Great editing and soundtack.

Life During Wartime--I think my jaw dropped open at the beginning of the movie and I didn't close it till the end. No, wait. I remember eating popcorn. Dizzying storyline. Imagine Terry Crowes meets John Waters on acid. Wait, wait. How about David Lynch meets the Coen Brothers. Well, this flick is somewhere in there. Great performance by Paul Reubens. Strange, strange movie. Right up my alley.

AC