fpw   07-31-2010, 03:43 PM
This is quite a film. It's graphic and not for the faint of heart, but nothing here is gratuitous. This film is =about= something. See it. It provides no easy answers.
FF=0

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Brian   07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I'll add it to the Netflix queue, thanks for the suggestion.

There is no wise man without fault
johntfs   08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I'll probably rent it, at least. I'd really like to see a movie that explores the question, "If torture is a necessary evil, how evil will we allow it to get?" I mean, suppose you grab a terrorist and physical pain doesn't work on him well enough. Do you torture his wife? His teenage daughter? His five year old son? Is there any point at which it's decided that gaining certain information has too high of a moral price?

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken