Scott Miller   07-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I was saddened last night watching Highlander with my son. I thought it sucked. I liked it when it first came out but wasn't as gaga about as most seemed to be. I watched it another time ages ago but seeing it last night was painful; the fight scenes were terrible, the special effects lame and Christopher Lambert makes Keanu Reaves look like he can act. Clancy Brown and Sean Connery were decent but I found the rest of the movie completely lacking. Not to mention I discovered that the director was Russell Mulcahy who has gone on to become a cheap imitator of a director.

Anyone else been disappointed by a memory of movie being better than what it was recently?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I was saddened last night watching Highlander with my son. I thought it sucked. I liked it when it first came out but wasn't as gaga about as most seemed to be. I watched it another time ages ago but seeing it last night was painful; the fight scenes were terrible, the special effects lame and Christopher Lambert makes Keanu Reaves look like he can act. Clancy Brown and Sean Connery were decent but I found the rest of the movie completely lacking. Not to mention I discovered that the director was Russell Mulcahy who has gone on to become a cheap imitator of a director.

Anyone else been disappointed by a memory of movie being better than what it was recently?

It kills me to say this... THE MYSTERIANS. When I saw it as a 7-year old, I thought it was the greatest thing since cheeseburgers. When I saw it again as an adult, I enjoyed my memory of it more than the actual film. Sad:eek6::eek:
Sigokat   07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Krull...just not the same watching it as an adult.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
The Mad American   07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
There have been a few for me but the most recent one that comes to mind is "The Howling". I think I had just made it more than it really is in my memory. When I first saw it as a young'un it seemed scary, moody and well acted. Rewatched it a couple weeks ago and kept thinking to myself "What the hell? Did they re-edit this and change it?" Just didn't hold up to what I had built it up to be.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Brian   07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
There's a whole lot of them. When it first came out, Howard the Duck was a favorite of mine, don't ask why. LOL I caught part of it the other night and thought, what the hell was I thinking?

There is no wise man without fault