Pages (3):    1 2 3
saynomore   07-28-2010, 02:04 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:That's why I really like that theory above, It explains why it really isn't a waste of time or a cop out if it is all a dream. It also sort of gives you the explanation why it isn't a waste in the movie as well with the marks reaction once he gets inside the vault.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!

I watched the movie again today. Seamless. I still enjoyed it as a "heist" movie while enjoying the possibility that it's all a dream, especially that Paris thing and the small gap between the buildings thing. The moive can be interpreted either way. Entertainment Magazine has a nice article on the movie.

AC
Medusa   07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
The family went to see this last night. It was incredible! I had trouble with it at first, thinking I was going to be so lost, but it smoothed out to where I could follow it. The story was complex but made sense to me as it was laid out. I enjoyed it a lot. The special effects were great. I'd see this one again.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
johntfs   08-01-2010, 01:38 AM
saynomore Wrote:A cross between Mission Impossible and The Outer Limits, this new movie by Dark Knight's Christopher Nolan is pleasing to the eye, but leaves one a bit hungry for more by the movie's end. If there's a book, I'll definitely read it as many questions were left unanswered (maybe for the sequel??).

Anyway... I liked it. DiCrapio plays the same role he played in Shutter Island. See it now on the big screen before the powers that be figure out that this would make a great tv show.

AC

I hate to bring politics into the entertainment threads, but apparently illegal immigrants are trying to take over Inception as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrYPJ4Yc3...r_embedded

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken
saynomore   08-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I told my brother about the "it's all a dream" theory and how it kinda brought the movie down a notch for me. I prefer to think it's a sf movie/heist story.

Anyway... the key scene which the author of the "it's all a dream" article uses to stake his theory is the buildings' narrow passage during the chase scene. My brother just emailed me several buildings in France and Germany with such narrow passages, saying it may be dream-like, but these are real buildings.

Made me feel better. I still like the movie better as a sf heist. "It's all a dream" is cute, but unnecessary.

AC

P.S. Can you believe this movie is still in the top ten movie makers of the week list? Wow.
Scott Miller   09-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Thankfully it hung around long enough for me to catch it on Friday as it was definitely worth seeing in the theater. Like everyone else I loved the look, the concept and the acting, my only complaint was the action within the dreams lacked some edginess which may be a reality in dreamland but I felt like I was watching a Roger Moore Bond flick(especially the snow fortress scene)where I thought Daniel Craig era would've been better. All in all it was the best movie going experience I've had all year.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Alvin Fox   09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I've been seeing so many different memes and video edits of Inception. This one is my favorite because of DiCaprios expression.

[Image: JiPqw.jpg]
colburn0004   09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
saynomore Wrote:I told my brother about the "it's all a dream" theory and how it kinda brought the movie down a notch for me. I prefer to think it's a sf movie/heist story.

Anyway... the key scene which the author of the "it's all a dream" article uses to stake his theory is the buildings' narrow passage during the chase scene. My brother just emailed me several buildings in France and Germany with such narrow passages, saying it may be dream-like, but these are real buildings.

Made me feel better. I still like the movie better as a sf heist. "It's all a dream" is cute, but unnecessary.

AC

P.S. Can you believe this movie is still in the top ten movie makers of the week list? Wow.

I think another big part that makes it all seem like a dream is the ending. The kid's are in the same spot playing in the same clothes that Dicapreo remembers them as through the whole movie. Though that could just make the ending a dream... Oh well, I more liked the persons take on how the movie related to how a movie is made. I really liked thinking about that for a while. Big Grin

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Pages (3):    1 2 3