Scott Miller   07-13-2010, 09:27 AM
I haven't followed many TV shows as they're airing in a long time but suddenly find myself watching a bunch:

Persons Unknown-a group of people are taken and placed in a ghost town with no idea how or why they are there. It'd be easy to nitpick this one but overall it is entertaining and is introducing new elements that are keeping it intriguing.

The Gates-a gated community for the supernatural that the commercials make look like the Twilight saga but has been surprisingly smart and suspenseful so far.

Scoundrels-a dramedy about a family of lifelong criminals who are now trying to make an honest living.

Rookie Blue-a guilty pleasure(Missy Peregrym)that has surprised me with its quality.

While on vacation I also caught Parks and Recreation, The Middle and Modern Family and thought all three were funny, especially Modern Family.

And I've recorded the premieres of The Glades and Rizzoli & Isles.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Rookie Blue drives someone outta the room...shaking his head. lol

The Gates is decent....I'll watch it. I do like Rizzoli and Isles. It's based on Tess Gerristen's series of books. I've read a few of them.

EWMAN
colburn0004   07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
The only one I picked up on was Rookie Blue, For the same reason as you. Loved her in Stick It! Was going to watch persons unknown but got behind an episode or two and knew it was just going to be a one season thing so I didn't try to catch up. I think Modern Family is one of the best comedies to come around in a long time. I absolutely love that show. Could not even think about catching The Gates. I am vampired out for god sakes. Please stop the vampire shows!

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Scott Miller   07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Rookie Blue drives someone outta the room...shaking his head. lol

The Gates is decent....I'll watch it. I do like Rizzoli and Isles. It's based on Tess Gerristen's series of books. I've read a few of them.

I can tell that RB suffers from a reality standpoint, but that's not why I'm watching.

I expected to dislike The Gates but have been gladly wrong about it. I'm not sure it will be able to maintain it over an length of time but I'm on board for the time being for sure.

I have read 3 or 4 books by Gerritsen, but none from the Rizzoli series and liked them all so I'm looking forward to watching it.

I just finished the first episode of The Glades and it was alright. The main character is a little too glib on the job but it works well with the love interest. I was hoping for something a bit darker but I'll give it a couple more episodes to make a decision about it.

Scott

Scott Miller   07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:The only one I picked up on was Rookie Blue, For the same reason as you. Loved her in Stick It! Was going to watch persons unknown but got behind an episode or two and knew it was just going to be a one season thing so I didn't try to catch up. I think Modern Family is one of the best comedies to come around in a long time. I absolutely love that show. Could not even think about catching The Gates. I am vampired out for god sakes. Please stop the vampire shows!

I thought Stick It was an excellent underdog movie; there is an effortless quality to her that I really like.

Unknown Persons is an entertaining diversion at best but it has got its hooks in me now.

While I agree that vampires are saturating the market, I'll usually give them a shot. So far, The Gates has worked for me.

I have just set up my timer for Modern Family as I thought it was the funniest show I'd seen in awhile. I saw the one where they went to Hawaii and I thought the wedding at the end was quite touching in addition to the laughs.

Scott

colburn0004   07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I have just set up my timer for Modern Family as I thought it was the funniest show I'd seen in awhile. I saw the one where they went to Hawaii and I thought the wedding at the end was quite touching in addition to the laughs.

The touching parts at the end really are done perfect. They seemed to not do them for the first couple episodes but after that they started with the monologue of a character kind of recapping a lesson learned and it was always really sweet. I wish more shows could come out and be this good! Best comedy in years! I would even go as far to say its better then The Big Bang Theory......thats hard to say. Big Grin

And on Stick It, it really was a really good movie. I was really surprised how much I like it and gald to see now that it is on T.V. more that it is getting more credit it seems. Especially after Reaper did well and people seemed to go back to watch that movie.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Scott Miller   07-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Still liking them all except for The Glades. I haven't yet watched Rizzoli and Isles as my turn finally came up for Mad Men season 1. So far I can say that it is great in many ways: the writing, the acting, the setting, the look and the subject matter are outstanding. I'm not sure I like any of the characters though.

Scott Miller Wrote:I haven't followed many TV shows as they're airing in a long time but suddenly find myself watching a bunch:

Persons Unknown-a group of people are taken and placed in a ghost town with no idea how or why they are there. It'd be easy to nitpick this one but overall it is entertaining and is introducing new elements that are keeping it intriguing.

The Gates-a gated community for the supernatural that the commercials make look like the Twilight saga but has been surprisingly smart and suspenseful so far.

Scoundrels-a dramedy about a family of lifelong criminals who are now trying to make an honest living.

Rookie Blue-a guilty pleasure(Missy Peregrym)that has surprised me with its quality.

While on vacation I also caught Parks and Recreation, The Middle and Modern Family and thought all three were funny, especially Modern Family.

And I've recorded the premieres of The Glades and Rizzoli & Isles.

Scott