saynomore   07-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes, we have no bananas. Ancient proverb for "I've got to get a life."

Eclipse. Well, I saw part one and two of the series, which were pretty bad horror, cheesy emotive attempt to translate teenage angst into vampire/werewolf genre. Trailers with the vampires walking out of the water marching to war sealed the deal. I shelled out another $11.00 bucks and saw Twilgiht: Part 3. Bloodless horror movie. Two hours of angst and love-whining and close-up's. Five minutes of vampire versus vampire/werewolf movie. What exactly were they fighting about again? And it looks like Part Four is not too far behind as a lot of threads were left hanging. Emotive and loose ends. Sound familiar?

Knight and Day. Second movie of my five hour day at the movies hoy. Tom Cruise's attempt to recapture the box office is his worse showing since his last movie. Hell, Arnold Schwarznegger and Jamie Lee Curtis did the same roles in "True Lies" (more or less). Decent actioner. Hard to briefly describe. Let's just say, if you liked "True Lies", rent Knight and Day. Lots of killings. Lots of laughs about body count. Matt Damon would have brought more boxoffice receipts to the role. Maybe M. Night Schamalamadingdong and Tom should get together on their next movie: Last Airbender all grown up. Both their careers are going in the same direction. Couldn't hurt.

AC