Kenji   07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Just got back from a theatre. I saw Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec.

It's fun adventure French comedy movie by Luc Besson. It's not like "La Femme Nikita" or "Leon". "Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec" had many comedic scenes, not hard gun action scenes.

Adele Blanc-Sec is writer/journalist/adventurer. She goes to Egypt and got mummy(stole from pyramid, actually). Why she stole that mummy? That mummy was doctor when he was alive. Adele has twin sister, but she's unconscious because of accident. Only that doctor can heal her. But now he's mummy. So how...?

There are some ridiculous scenes, also there are many funny comedic scenes. Sure, this is French movie. Big Grin

Especially, last sequences were too funny and I couldn't stop laughing!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Kenji Wrote:Just got back from a theatre. I saw Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec.

It's fun adventure French comedy movie by Luc Besson. It's not like "La Femme Nikita" or "Leon". "Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec" had many comedic scenes, not hard gun action scenes.

Adele Blanc-Sec is writer/journalist/adventurer. She goes to Egypt and got mummy(stole from pyramid, actually). Why she stole that mummy? That mummy was doctor when he was alive. Adele has twin sister, but she's unconscious because of accident. Only that doctor can heal her. But now he's mummy. So how...?

There are some ridiculous scenes, also there are many funny comedic scenes. Sure, this is French movie. Big Grin

Especially, last sequences were too funny and I couldn't stop laughing!

When they're not dying to the last man fighting the Germans, the French have made some good films. My favorite is THE 400 BLOWS.