Kenji   06-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Dolan's Cadillac, it's based on the novel by Stephen King's short stoty. Christian Slater played Dolan.

I read it in "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". It's a revenge story but I didn't get particularly any impression. Honestly I almost forgot detail. But as the plot unravels, I recalled the ending. Wow, THAT's perfect revenge!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Kenji Wrote:Dolan's Cadillac, it's based on the novel by Stephen King's short stoty. Christian Slater played Dolan.

I read it in "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". It's a revenge story but I didn't get particularly any impression. Honestly I almost forgot detail. But as the plot unravels, I recalled the ending. Wow, THAT's perfect revenge!

I see the flick is available on DVD, but B&N's Bookmaster computer system provides no info about the plot. I'll check out NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES, which is a very reasonable $7.99 for 912 pages of Stephen King fiction. Perfect revenge, you say...:eek:
saynomore   06-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Wow, Kenj, ol' Man. Did you watch it Friday night? I watched it Friday night. That's two movies we've seen at the same time. Good movie. Immigrant smuggler Slater riles the wrong person. The revenge sequence is one third of the movie. It's slow to unravel because Slater tries to weasel his way out a number of times. That's about all I can say about it without giving away too much.

AC

P.S. I have a preview copy if anyone wants it. IM me. First come, first served.
Medusa   06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
You know I read this story and loved it but I don't think I've seen it. I'm sure I had to as I watched the Nightmares and Dreamscapes "mini movies" so I must just have forgotten it.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Kenji   06-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Medusa Wrote:You know I read this story and loved it but I don't think I've seen it. I'm sure I had to as I watched the Nightmares and Dreamscapes "mini movies" so I must just have forgotten it.

No, you haven't forgotten it. Dolan's Cadillac was not part of mini movies. Wink

Dolan's Cadillac is the movie, runtime is 89 min.
Kenji   06-14-2010, 10:01 AM
saynomore Wrote:Wow, Kenj, ol' Man. Did you watch it Friday night? I watched it Friday night. That's two movies we've seen at the same time. Good movie. Immigrant smuggler Slater riles the wrong person. The revenge sequence is one third of the movie. It's slow to unravel because Slater tries to weasel his way out a number of times. That's about all I can say about it without giving away too much.

AC

P.S. I have a preview copy if anyone wants it. IM me. First come, first served.

Oh!!!...really?!?! That's amazing coincidence! Big Grin
Kenji   06-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I see the flick is available on DVD, but B&N's Bookmaster computer system provides no info about the plot. I'll check out NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES, which is a very reasonable $7.99 for 912 pages of Stephen King fiction. Perfect revenge, you say...:eek:

No info about plot? Hmm........:dontknow:

Anyway, you'll love it.
Medusa   06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Kenji Wrote:No, you haven't forgotten it. Dolan's Cadillac was not part of mini movies. Wink

Dolan's Cadillac is the movie, runtime is 89 min.

I thought I was losing my memory. I'll have to rent it now. Thanks!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!