karenlynn   06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
To Mr. F. Paul Wilson-
I have been a fan of horror novels (and movies) since my 14th year. At that time in 1987, I found and fell in love with Stephen King. About three years ago, I popped into a secondhand bookstore and was looking through the major discount racks and found one of your books. I had been looking for Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Robin Cook or John Steinbeck(not horror I know, but wonderful nonetheless). I had found a few of my favorite authors' titles, but then I happened to pick up one of your books. The title "The Haunted Air" intrigued me. Then, lo and behold, you were verified and I was hooked. The inside cover pronounced that Stephen King is the "President of F. Paul Wilson's fan club". I grabbed that book, ran out of the store and furiously read it in about 2-2 and a half hours. Since that time, I have been utterly hooked on any work of yours I can afford to put my hands on. (especially anything about Repairman Jack) Your ability to call upon and create amazing supernatural (and fully believable) situtations is a true pleasure. Thank you for all your marvelous works and I anticipate fully reading many more of your books in the future. Karen Ream
This post was last modified: 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM by karenlynn.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
karenlynn Wrote:To Mr. F. Paul Wilson-
I have been a fan of horror novels (and movies) since my 14th year. At that time in 1987, I found and fell in love with Stephen King. About three years ago, I popped into a secondhand books store and was looking through the major discount racks and found one of your books. I had been looking for Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Robin Cook or John Steinbeck(not horror I know, but wonderful nonetheless). I had found a few of my favorite authors' titles, but then I happened to pick up one of your books. The title "The Haunted Air" intrigued me. Then, lo and behold, you were verified and I was hooked. The inside cover pronounced that Stephen King is the "President of F. Paul Wilson's fan club". I grabbed that book, ran out of the store and furiously read it in about 2-2 and a half hours. Since that time, I have been utterly hooked on any work of yours I can afford to put my hands on. (especially anything about Repairman Jack) Your ability to call upon and create amazing supernatural (and fully believable) situtations is a true pleasure. Thank you for all your marvelous works and I anticipate fully reading many more of your books in the future. Karen Ream

Welcome to the gang, Karen!

But if you crave truly superior fiction, check out the "Jake Fixx" novels, by P. Frank Winslow. You will not be disappointed!
KRW   06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I have been a fan of horror novels (and movies) since my 14th year. At that time in 1987, I found and fell in love with Stephen King. About three years ago, I popped into a secondhand bookstore and was looking through the major discount racks and found one of your books. I had been looking for Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Jonathan Kellerman, Robin Cook or John Steinbeck(not horror I know, but wonderful nonetheless). I had found a few of my favorite authors' titles, but then I happened to pick up one of your books. The title "The Haunted Air" intrigued me. Then, lo and behold, you were verified and I was hooked. The inside cover pronounced that Stephen King is the "President of F. Paul Wilson's fan club". I grabbed that book, ran out of the store and furiously read it in about 2-2 and a half hours. Since that time, I have been utterly hooked on any work of yours I can afford to put my hands on. (especially anything about Repairman Jack) Your ability to call upon and create amazing supernatural (and fully believable) situtations is a true pleasure. Thank you for all your marvelous works and I anticipate fully reading many more of your books in the future. Karen Ream

Welcome to the board!!!!Back when I moved to Az, we didn't own a T.V., so we went to the used bookstore twice a week. I was really into westerns at this time, so I never ventured over to the horror section. One day I did for something different. I came home with a few books. I first read "Watchers" by Dean Koonts and remember thinking "It's never gonna be better than this". The very next book I read was "The Tomb", and I found out I was wrong. As of today, I still follow Dean Koontz. (He's way to repetitive for me) but I'm a fan (fan is short for fanatic) of F. Paul Wilson. Big imagination plus creativity makes for some dang good books.
webby   06-08-2010, 12:02 AM

One of us!

:hello: Welcome, Karen. If you've spent much time lurking here before you signed up, you probably know that in addition to being marvelous writer, Paul is a great guy in general.

Hang out and have fun here. The more the merrier!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]