Kenji   05-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Has anyone seen Remake version "The Prisoner"? In the original, No.6 was Patrick McGoohan. I really liked original.

Since last night remake version The Prisoner has started. No.6 is Jim Caviezel, and No.2 is Ian McKellen. I didn't know about this. So I checked this in imdb. But...some people say "Misfire", "Another Awful Remake","This is why we hate remakes"...

Oh, well, I just watched 1st episode, and I don't think it's not bad...or maybe only me say so? :dontknow:

What do you think?
bobkane   05-25-2010, 12:37 PM
it has had mixed reviews about it, i wasnt sure what to think
it was ok, i say watch it all and make your judgement
Peter   05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
This is going to sound wimpy but I refuse to watch it. I have yet to be other than dissapointed in ANY remake of something I liked first time round. Probably my own fault for making too many comparisons but there you go.
On the other hand, if you never saw the original the n watch the new one and make your own mind up. Ian McKellan is always good value at least.

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
The Mad American   05-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I tried to watch this remake but it never grabbed me. With McKellen and Cavezal I thought it was at least worth a shot, I just never got into it.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

bobkane   05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
it wasnt as thrilling and cray as the original but hey tried to make it more modern which sometimes can work