colburn0004   05-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Did anyone watch this season? I vowed a long time ago to give the show up, and hadn't watched for a few years but I usually like all star seasons. After watching what I thought was one of the best season's I am again done watching :p. It makes no sence to me to reward doing nothing in a competition, which so often the jury does. I don't see how someone can be in a competition style game like this and not thinking about who played the best and most stratigic. But so often in these shows its just who made the most friends or least enemies.

Posted as mostly a rant but wondered how others saw it if they watched this season?

PS. I also don't think Russel should have won. I think he made some of the biggest moves and played the best early on, but post merge I feel Parv hands down played the best game.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Auskar   05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I watched. Russel should not have won. Parvati should not have won. Sandra? She said directly to Russel's face that she was "against" him. If the "heroes" had listened to her, they would have been in the driver's seat, not the villains. Then, Colby or Rupert would have won. Maybe.

It does no good to rewrite the past. Sandra won.

TerrLight.com, is where I can spout off about anything. Visit. Link.
neotank   05-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Russell is easily the best 'player'. I love him. I can't believe he ALWAYS finds a way to survive. The way he schooled Boston Rob was the highlight of the series for me. The thing is he's so good and obnoxious about it that no one ever votes for him because they hate that he's better then them. And he is a little bit of an Ahole.

Although I really thought Parvarti would get the votes. She deserved to win also. When she played the two idols was a stroke of genious IMO.

Sandra was in the right place at the right time. She did good, and based on the way the game is played it worked out for her. More power to her, but in no way is she the best Survivor.

Nightwalkers by Keith Kekic. My bro's new book! http://www.keithkekic.com
colburn0004   05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
neotank Wrote:Russell is easily the best 'player'. I love him. I can't believe he ALWAYS finds a way to survive. The way he schooled Boston Rob was the highlight of the series for me. The thing is he's so good and obnoxious about it that no one ever votes for him because they hate that he's better then them. And he is a little bit of an Ahole.

Although I really thought Parvarti would get the votes. She deserved to win also. When she played the two idols was a stroke of genious IMO.

Sandra was in the right place at the right time. She did good, and based on the way the game is played it worked out for her. More power to her, but in no way is she the best Survivor.

Yeah, it really bugs me that so often in Survivor the better player rarely wins. I don't know if theres something different about survivor but it just seems the jury can never get past their dislike for someone. I don't know, just seems like they forget it's a game.
This post was last modified: 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM by colburn0004.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Auskar   05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
"Survivor" is two games. You have to outlast and outplay the others enough so that you are in the final two or three WITHOUT pissing them off so much that they don't want you to win one million dollars. It isn't the fault of the jury when your favorite player does not win. It is the fault of your favorite player.

Still, it is interesting.

Russel was my favorite player to hate. He should win because he buried the machete, burned socks, and emptied water? I don't think so.

TerrLight.com, is where I can spout off about anything. Visit. Link.
colburn0004   05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Auskar Wrote:"Survivor" is two games. You have to outlast and outplay the others enough so that you are in the final two or three WITHOUT pissing them off so much that they don't want you to win one million dollars. It isn't the fault of the jury when your favorite player does not win. It is the fault of your favorite player.

Still, it is interesting.

Russel was my favorite player to hate. He should win because he buried the machete, burned socks, and emptied water? I don't think so.

It's nothing about favorite player. I don't even think Russel should have won, I said Parv played a much better game the entire game where Russel played his mainly pre merge. Hating him is no reason to say that he didn't deserve to win. He played a better game, it has nothing to do with being nice or not. It makes no sence to me to reward the person who did nothing but was nice. Do you watch American Idol and just vote for who is the nicest and has the nicest personality? No, you vote for who sings the best. So why have a winner that was nice and didn't play the game? It's a game, and he played the game. He didn't just sit around and lose challenges and vote for whoever people told him to vote.

This has nothing to do with people in the game. It could go back to any season to any contestants but to reward the lesser player just because they are nice or cause you don't want to vote for the person you got kicked out by is childish. It's like being a little kid and taking your game to a friends and when they beat you in it you shut it off and leave.
This post was last modified: 05-20-2010, 09:13 AM by colburn0004.