Kenji   04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
I found out this trailer in Apple Movie Trailers.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/indep...uerstokyo/

Working backwards through history, Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo explores the mystery of the development of Japan’s love affair with bugs. Using insects like an anthropologist’s toolkit, the film uncovers Japanese philosophies that will shift Westerners’ perspectives on nature, beauty, life, and even the seemingly mundane realities of their day-to-day routines.

Seems this documentary film is about some Japanese people who loves bugs. Someone say "I bought this Ferrari with money I made selling beetles." And someone say "The Japanese have always kept singing insects as pets."

Sounds like this documentary is weird things from a point of view of American and other countries people.

So, I want to ask to "you". Does Americans or Brits never own insects as a pet?

Or is this a Japanese only? :confused:

Anyway, this is very interesting topic.
cobalt   04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
My son Dan used to try and keep ants as pets. I'd find them in his pants pocket...in a bunch...ick....all the time. One day I was washing out his lunch box and this huge black ant comes tumbling out and falls into the sink. I jumped...then quickly washed it down the drain. A few minutes later....Dan came in looking for Mortimer. Um...how do you tell a 4 year old his "pet" is no more?
I'm sure this summer...there will be a new Charlotte and Boris on my deck...do they count? Big Grin

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Kenji Wrote:I found out this trailer in Apple Movie Trailers.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/indep...uerstokyo/

Working backwards through history, Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo explores the mystery of the development of Japan’s love affair with bugs. Using insects like an anthropologist’s toolkit, the film uncovers Japanese philosophies that will shift Westerners’ perspectives on nature, beauty, life, and even the seemingly mundane realities of their day-to-day routines.

Seems this documentary film is about some Japanese people who loves bugs. Someone say "I bought this Ferrari with money I made selling beetles." And someone say "The Japanese have always kept singing insects as pets."

Sounds like this documentary is weird things from a point of view of American and other countries people.

So, I want to ask to "you". Does Americans or Brits never own insects as a pet?

Or is this a Japanese only? :confused:

Anyway, this is very interesting topic.

Americans have ant farms. Big spiders are also kept as pets. (But I don't think many have learned to sing. Wink:pBig Grin Not so you could put them on the road, anyway.)
Kenji   04-16-2010, 12:00 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:My son Dan used to try and keep ants as pets. I'd find them in his pants pocket...in a bunch...ick....all the time. One day I was washing out his lunch box and this huge black ant comes tumbling out and falls into the sink. I jumped...then quickly washed it down the drain. A few minutes later....Dan came in looking for Mortimer. Um...how do you tell a 4 year old his "pet" is no more?
I'm sure this summer...there will be a new Charlotte and Boris on my deck...do they count? Big Grin

Oh, once I kept ants as pets,too. But I did failure. Some ants died by earthquakes...

The Mortimer for ants? How cute! Big Grin
Kenji   04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Americans have ant farms. Big spiders are also kept as pets. (But I don't think many have learned to sing. Wink:pBig Grin Not so you could put them on the road, anyway.)

When I was a kid, I owned crickets as pets. Their song was beautiful, but it was noisy at midnight. Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Kenji Wrote:When I was a kid, I owned crickets as pets. Their song was beautiful, but it was noisy at midnight. Big Grin

They can be very loud.