Scott Miller   04-14-2010, 04:40 PM
So I watched The Box in two parts(fell asleep to it the other night)and it was alright. It scores points for originality and a cool premise but it never got enough momentum going to move me toward the edge of my seat. Cameron Diaz, James Marsden and Frank Langella do solid work but their characters were a bit flat. All in all, I'd say rent it if you don't feel there is a better alternative.

It is directed by Richard Kelly(I didn't recognize his fingerprints until after my viewing)who is a bit of cult favorite with his Donnie Darko and Southland Tales films(both of which I intensely disliked), so if you enjoyed those you might like this-although this one makes a helluva lot more sense than either of those.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
saynomore   04-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Great short story. Great Twilight Zone episode. So-so movie. Good idea stretched to the limits.

AC
colburn0004   04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I thought it was an OK movie. I really enjoyed Donnie Darko, but couldn't stand Southland Tales. I actually thought this movie would have been better with less explanation. I didn't like that it showed the people in the hotel going in the water and all that, would have probably been better if it left it more open ended. Maybe the couple started to get a glimpse of what was going on but never got the full grasp and then it ended would have been nice.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
GeraldRice   04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
It was like a dissatisfying orgasm. It was building into something, but never seemed to get it up for me. Then it kind of bent in a different direction and I was just completely turned off.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Kenji   05-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm Richard Matheson fan and I read a lot of his works. One of my favorites is "Button,Button".

The movie,"The Box" was okay. Not bad. But I still like original ending. This movie's ending was too harsh.

So....tell me. If you got that box, would you push the button? Confusedkep:

Big Grin