tmanmerlin   02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I would like to see Nightworld with a lot more of the horror and terror that Wilson can aspire too.

RJ is great, need nightworld to be Horror and RJ, ths it would really need three books to be proper and fully engaging.

thanks,

tmanmerlin
ccosborne3   02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Interesting that someone would post this. I agree 100%. I didn't like Jack's additional role in the previously revised Nightworld. To be honest I don't see the need for revising anything. It doesn't matter to me if everything doesn't jibe up just right in the end.
webby   02-19-2010, 11:16 PM
tmanmerlin Wrote:I would like to see Nightworld with a lot more of the horror and terror that Wilson can aspire too.

RJ is great, need nightworld to be Horror and RJ, ths it would really need three books to be proper and fully engaging.

thanks,

tmanmerlin

If you count the original version, the revised version and the soon-to-be revised revised version, you have your three books right there. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rjack_fan   02-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Did I miss something? I thought there was just the original, and then the revised edition currently only available through Borderlands press (which will be released as a paperback in 2011 if I remember right).

What is the other revised version?
Alvin Fox   02-20-2010, 05:15 AM
rjack_fan Wrote:Did I miss something? I thought there was just the original, and then the revised edition currently only available through Borderlands press (which will be released as a paperback in 2011 if I remember right).

webby Wrote:If you count the original version, the revised version and the soon-to-be revised revised version, you have your three books right there. Big Grin

The 2011 release of which you mentioned will be further revised from the Borderlands edition.

On another note, I thought Nightworld was a three part story. FPW wanted to make a massive novel and broke it down to three parts. Reborn, Reprisal and Nightworld. Right? Confusedkep:
wdg3rd   02-20-2010, 08:09 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:The 2011 release of which you mentioned will be further revised from the Borderlands edition.

On another note, I thought Nightworld was a three part story. FPW wanted to make a massive novel and broke it down to three parts. Reborn, Reprisal and Nightworld. Right? Confusedkep:

I think the original poster in the thread wants volume three expanded further into volumes 3-4-5. Possibly not unrelated to FPW's query for things to tie up in TLJN (the last Jack novel), which could be a heavy story-slowing load by itself. Haven't read the Borderlands revision of Nightworld meself (book budget has been a bit down these several years, limited editions are not there, hardcovers at all are a rare treat, even mass-market softcovers aren't frequent (so I reread a lot, but the whole first-version Reborn-Reprisal-Nightworld set is in one-or-more poorly labeled boxes somewhere in this attic). (As in, 200 or so boxes marked "books").:dontknow:

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Ken Valentine   02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:Did I miss something? I thought there was just the original, and then the revised edition currently only available through Borderlands press (which will be released as a paperback in 2011 if I remember right).

There will be slight changes in the revised NIGHTWORLD. It sounds like Weezy will be included -- though whether or not she survives isn't known at this point (I hope she does.)

Ken V.
t4terrific   02-20-2010, 10:02 PM
tmanmerlin Wrote:I would like to see Nightworld with a lot more of the horror and terror that Wilson can aspire too.

thanks,

tmanmerlin

Why not a four part story?Wink
wdg3rd   02-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:There will be slight changes in the revised NIGHTWORLD. It sounds like Weezy will be included -- though whether or not she survives isn't known at this point (I hope she does.)

Ken V.

Ken, we don't know if anything on the surface of the planet survives, All those big empty holes might just result in a lot of soil settling. As it were, catastrophically. My ancestors in the mines in Wales knew how to survive under ground (at least for a little while) but that was stored (however briefly) in RNA, not DNA.

Yah,I hope Weezy does OK, but past the last page we don't even know how long Jack lives (minutes, months, millenia).

The old history chart that connected Nightworld to the LaNague stories is no longer on line. I definitely don't recall a big fewking hole in Central Park mentioned in Dydeetown World. It should have been obvious, right? When the adversarial asshole appears is a kick to the fork in the trousers of time, as a Pratchett character might put it.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot