Pages (3): 1 2 3   
fpw   02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Today's the street date for the trade edition of JACK: SECRET CIRCLES. For those of you who pre-ordered this edition from Amazon, please post here if/when it appears. (In case you didn't know, Amazon and MacMillan, the parent company of my publisher, are having a tiff.)

Even better, write to Amazon and demand to know what they're gonna do about getting my books back up for sale.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Patrice   02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
After your post yesterday on facebook, i´ve checked amazon today an ordered it.. will let you know when it arrives...
webby   02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
My copy of SECRET CIRCLES has shipped according to Amazon, so they better not by lying.

I'm guessing that the pre-orders should all arrive as expected. The tiff with McMillan and Amazon removing their titles and all that exploded over the weekend. Amazon probably had the copies of SECRET CIRCLES in stock and ready to go before the weekend.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Miller   02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
webby Wrote:My copy of SECRET CIRCLES has shipped according to Amazon, so they better not by lying.

I'm guessing that the pre-orders should all arrive as expected. The tiff with McMillan and Amazon removing their titles and all that exploded over the weekend. Amazon probably had the copies of SECRET CIRCLES in stock and ready to go before the weekend.

I hope you're right; I'm in the same boat.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
dezboi   02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
We all know that B&N don't carry FPW but Borders has been pretty good at keeping him in stock. Went to the Borders website to reserve a copy at the store near my house to be picked up after I finished work. The site says that Secret Circles is not available in stores. WTF?

First, all the BS with Amazon and MacMillan, and now this? What's going on here?

"Many men, perhaps even most, are unhappy in their souls. We burn so hard, but we shed so little light; it makes us crazy and sad." - Clive Barker Galilee
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
dezboi Wrote:We all know that B&N don't carry FPW but Borders has been pretty good at keeping him in stock. Went to the Borders website to reserve a copy at the store near my house to be picked up after I finished work. The site says that Secret Circles is not available in stores. WTF?

First, all the BS with Amazon and MacMillan, and now this? What's going on here?

Ever hear of The Otherness, dezboi?
Steve_M   02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I received Secret Circles in today's mail from Amazon. This is the Tor version, which I had pre-ordered in early January, not the Gauntlet version.
fpw   02-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Steve_M Wrote:I received Secret Circles in today's mail from Amazon. This is the Tor version, which I had pre-ordered in early January, not the Gauntlet version.
Thanks. Good to know. I've heard that from others as well. I didn't think they'd turn down guaranteed sales.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
fpw Wrote:Thanks. Good to know. I've heard that from others as well. I didn't think they'd turn down guaranteed sales.

But they have. How many folks have purchased elsewhere now? How many sales will be lost period?

We readers are simply pawns.
Yeratel   02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
fpw Wrote:Thanks. Good to know. I've heard that from others as well. I didn't think they'd turn down guaranteed sales.

Yep, glad I pre-ordered, and got it in my hands already. I see today all your books are still listed on Amazon, but only through third-party sellers, and not through Amazon.com directly. That means no Kindle versions, for right now, but the Kindle version of Ozymandius I already bought still shows up in my Archived Books.
Pages (3): 1 2 3