Pages (3):    1 2 3   
t4terrific   01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:$25 a year is too much for 10% off =everything=, and 20% off hardcovers? Plus discount coupons e-mailed to you?:confused:

Dear me, jmez. Maybe you need to ask your boss for a raise.:dontknow:

Charging customers for the priviledge of get a good deal on your product? That sucks! I would prefer everytday low prices. How about that? It obviously works. Ask Walmart and The Home Depot.
cobalt   01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:$25 a year is too much for 10% off =everything=, and 20% off hardcovers? Plus discount coupons e-mailed to you?:confused:

Borders does that and more without me paying them any more money.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Borders does that and more without me paying them any more money.

Yeah, but unlike Borders, B&N isn't owned and operated by alien sadists from a cannibal planet.
t4terrific   01-31-2010, 08:24 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yeah, but unlike Borders, B&N isn't owned and operated by alien sadists from a cannibal planet.

They just employ them!Big Grin

Just kidding Bluesie.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-31-2010, 08:43 PM
t4terrific Wrote:They just employ them!Big Grin

Just kidding Bluesie.

Touche!:hand:
Ken Valentine   02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Good answer Ken, next time a politician does something you don't like rather then expressing your dissatisfaction with them how about just going to another country?
Nah. If politicians make a law I don't like, I just ignore it. If a store doesn't have what I want to buy, I ignore it too.

Ken V.
cobalt   02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Borders program isn't the same. They give you a card that doesn't give you a discount but will collect your email to send you coupons. When I worked there as of 2 years ago the company was really going under. I was told to get as many emails and give out as many Rewards cards as I could. Because those names and emails were valuable and could be sold for money. :mad:

There is a reason their stock is down to around a penny.
It's similar though. There's a big Borders near me. They do have a FPW section, usually well stocked. I get discounts on the books I buy. Lots of buy 3 or 4 and get a discount. Plus the coupons. There is a B+N in Westport.....it's just farther away and usually doesn't have what I want. :nonod:

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:It's similar though. There's a big Borders near me. They do have a FPW section, usually well stocked. I get discounts on the books I buy. Lots of buy 3 or 4 and get a discount. Plus the coupons. There is a B+N in Westport.....it's just farther away and usually doesn't have what I want. :nonod:

Well, cobalt, then you just have to change what you want!Big Grin

B&N!
B&N!
They say you'll get rich
But they don't say when!
cobalt   02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, cobalt, then you just have to change what you want! Big Grin
But...I really do know what I want...sorta. Big Grin

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:But...I really do know what I want...sorta. Big Grin

That's the first step! Man, if I knew what I really wanted, my life would be a =whole= lot different...Wink

Let's see... All right, Blues! Put that Wilson book down and pick up some Nora Roberts! =Now= you're gettin' on the good foot!
This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (3):    1 2 3