Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
InfinityLtd   05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:It does! It's just that Reprisal, The Touch, and the RJ novels take place at about the same time. So my preferred chronological order of reading would be:

THE KEEP
REBORN
THE TOUCH, REPRISAL -- or reverse
THE TOMB
LEGACIES
CONSPIRACIES
ALL THE RAGE
HOSTS
HAUNTED AIR
GATEWAYS
CRISSCROSS
ETC.
and lastly:
NIGHTWORLD

YMMV

Ken V.

Thank you for the suggestion. I just finished "All the Rage" recently--loved it!--so I'm not sure I'd want to go back and reread LEGACIES, CONSPIRACIES, and ALL THE RAGE just yet. However, since I haven't yet read the last four RJ books, maybe I'll pull them (or the ones that I have, anyway) out of the reading stack for now and insert them into the Adversary cycle when I get to reading those.

One question about THE TOMB: I remember reading somewhere on here that this had been updated so that the timing matched the rest of the RJ series (i.e. instead of taking place years ago, it now matches the "last summer" references in the later RJ books). Is this updated version available? Is it only available in that collector's set that I can't afford yet, or is it out in paperback? Or am I delusional and making all this up? Big Grin

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.
Dave   05-11-2004, 01:08 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:One question about THE TOMB: I remember reading somewhere on here that this had been updated so that the timing matched the rest of the RJ series (i.e. instead of taking place years ago, it now matches the "last summer" references in the later RJ books). Is this updated version available? Is it only available in that collector's set that I can't afford yet, or is it out in paperback? Or am I delusional and making all this up? Big Grin

You're not delusional. The currently available paperback version is the updated version.

Dave
jimbow8   05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
I think the two are mutually exclusive. The current paperback is the updated version, but you may still be delusional anyway. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
InfinityLtd   05-11-2004, 04:57 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I think the two are mutually exclusive. The current paperback is the updated version, but you may still be delusional anyway. Wink

Ssshhhh! Don't give away my secret! BTW, the voices in my head say "Hi!" Wink

I'm pretty sure I have an old copy of THE TOMB. I'll have to see if I can find the new version. The new version: does it have the Repairman Jack silhouette and (what looks like) a chain forming the letter O in TOMB?

Thank you all!
This post was last modified: 05-11-2004, 05:01 PM by InfinityLtd.

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.
Ken Valentine   05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:Ssshhhh! Don't give away my secret! BTW, the voices in my head say "Hi!" Wink

I'm pretty sure I have an old copy of THE TOMB. I'll have to see if I can find the new version. The new version: does it have the Repairman Jack silhouette and (what looks like) a chain forming the letter O in TOMB?

Thank you all!

The copy I saw had the RJ silhouette, I don't remember the chain part.

Ken V.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5