saynomore   01-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Storms chased everyone indoors. Except me. I love driving in the rain. So off to the movies I went.

THE BOOK OF ELI--Take your bible reference book with you; you're gonna need it. This movie struck me as A Fistful of Dollars meets The Greatest Story Ever Told. Lots of gore. Lots of biblical readings. I enjoyed it a lot. Trick ending, I think. You tell me.

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus--Heath Ledger's last movie; Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law fill in the parts Heath didn't finish due to his death. Terry Gilliam makes it all work. Better than Baron Munchhausen but not as good as Brazil. Strictly for Monty Python fans. Like me.

AC
Kenji   01-24-2010, 10:35 AM
saynomore Wrote:Storms chased everyone indoors. Except me. I love driving in the rain. So off to the movies I went.

THE BOOK OF ELI--Take your bible reference book with you; you're gonna need it. This movie struck me as A Fistful of Dollars meets The Greatest Story Ever Told. Lots of gore. Lots of biblical readings. I enjoyed it a lot. Trick ending, I think. You tell me.

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus--Heath Ledger's last movie; Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law fill in the parts Heath didn't finish due to his death. Terry Gilliam makes it all work. Better than Baron Munchhausen but not as good as Brazil. Strictly for Monty Python fans. Like me.

AC

Today I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus. I'm Terry Gilliam fan, so I truly enjoyed it.

I like Brazil, but his best work is Monty Python and the Holy Grail, IMHO.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus. I'm Terry Gilliam fan, so I truly enjoyed it.

I understand Tom Waits has a part in THE IMAGINARIUM...?
saynomore   01-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I understand Tom Waits has a part in THE IMAGINARIUM...?

Plays the Devil, and a great Cobra as well.

AC
saynomore   01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today I saw The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus. I'm Terry Gilliam fan, so I truly enjoyed it.

Didn't Terry Jones do Holy Grail? Well, if Terry Gilliam did, then I agree: Holy Grail is my favorite Gilliam movie, followed by Brazil, then Imaginarium third.

AC

P.S. Although I liked it, at the bottom of my list would be The Fisher King: too much Robin Williams, not enough Terry Gilliam.
Kenji   01-25-2010, 12:26 AM
saynomore Wrote:Didn't Terry Jones do Holy Grail? Well, if Terry Gilliam did, then I agree: Holy Grail is my favorite Gilliam movie, followed by Brazil, then Imaginarium third.

AC

Both of them were directors. Wink

saynomore Wrote:P.S. Although I liked it, at the bottom of my list would be The Fisher King: too much Robin Williams, not enough Terry Gilliam.

I liked The Fisher King. But Tideland was not good.
The Mad American   01-25-2010, 12:57 AM
saynomore Wrote:Storms chased everyone indoors. Except me. I love driving in the rain. So off to the movies I went.

AC

I want to see the Book of Eli. With Denzel and Gary Oldman it would have to be really really bad in all other aspects to go completely wrong. The story line on the surface reminds me of a David Gemmell character and story, Jon Shannow the Jerusalem man is the character. I know its not based on that but it has borrowed some from it in the least.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!