KRW   12-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Some people have said there is no such thing as a stupid question... I aim to prove them wrong!Big Grin

In "Ground Zero" when Jack reaches L.A., he has instructions from Abe where to pick up a weapon. So he goes to the mailbox centre, finds the box numbered 367,(too bad it wasn't 357) and uses the combination R-10 L-22 R-13. My question is ....... do these numbers have any relevance or were they pulled out of thin air?

Knowing that you like to throw obscure things into your books, I had to ask. The closest I've come up with is the 10th book in the Bible, chapter 22, verse 13.
"Out of the brightness of his presence, bolts of lightning blazed forth"

Anyway, intended or not, that's not a bad reference for Jack showing up in LA picking up a pistol.CoolBig Grin
Ken Valentine   12-12-2009, 01:40 AM
KRW Wrote:Knowing that you like to throw obscure things into your books, I had to ask. The closest I've come up with is the 10th book in the Bible, chapter 22, verse 13.

Anyway, intended or not, that's not a bad reference for Jack showing up in LA picking up a pistol.CoolBig Grin
Intentional? Coincidence?

Either way, that's funny!

Ken V.
fpw   12-12-2009, 12:26 PM
KRW Wrote:Some people have said there is no such thing as a stupid question... I aim to prove them wrong!Big Grin

In "Ground Zero" when Jack reaches L.A., he has instructions from Abe where to pick up a weapon. So he goes to the mailbox centre, finds the box numbered 367,(too bad it wasn't 357) and uses the combination R-10 L-22 R-13. My question is ....... do these numbers have any relevance or were they pulled out of thin air?

Knowing that you like to throw obscure things into your books, I had to ask. The closest I've come up with is the 10th book in the Bible, chapter 22, verse 13.

That IS pretty cool, but I believe the combo was just random numbers.

367 was chosen because it's prime.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
KRW   12-13-2009, 03:40 AM
fpw Wrote:That IS pretty cool, but I believe the combo was just random numbers.
I was looking for a birth or a death, but when I saw that passage I thought, maybe....Big Grin

fpw Wrote:367 was chosen because it's prime.
I can't believe I didn't catch that. ( Especially since during this time R-man is so about the primes. As an example, 911 is a prime.) 367 is also the largest number whose square has strictly increasing digits. FYI.
KRW   12-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Intentional? Coincidence?

Either way, that's funny!

Ken V.

I can't make this stuff up! Big Grin