Scott Miller   11-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't been watching many films of late and the few I have, haven't inspired me to watch more(been watching a lot of TV on DVD-Battlestar Galactica, Californication, Flight of the Conchords, Young Indiana Jones)so I'm pleased to share The Escapist with you. This is a must if you enjoy prison movies and even if you don't, it is worth a look. Brian Cox plays a lifer who wants to escape to see his sick daughter so he recruits a crew to help him bust out. I dug how the director used flashbacks to tell the story, it really heightened the tension. It is not quite on par with other classic prison movies, but it certainly should be considered among the top 10.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Patrice   11-09-2009, 06:23 AM
I totally agree... the finish ist awesome!
t4terrific   11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:...so I'm pleased to share The Escapist with you. This is a must if you enjoy prison movies and even if you don't, it is worth a look. Brian Cox plays a lifer who wants to escape to see his sick daughter so he recruits a crew to help him bust out. I dug how the director used flashbacks to tell the story, it really heightened the tension. It is not quite on par with other classic prison movies, but it certainly should be considered among the top 10.

Sound good. Brian Cox is awesome.
Scott Miller   11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Patrice Wrote:I totally agree... the finish ist awesome!

I watched the making of and the whole movie was based upon the ending which Rupert Wyatt(the writer/director)took from the famous short story [SPOILER]"An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce.[/SPOILER] I spoilered it because if you are familiar with the story it may give away the ending to the movie if you are planning to see it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels