Pages (2):    1 2
Brian   09-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I would suppose it would depend upon the area. I've seen my share of hospitals around CT. All have cameras in their ER's, parking lots and such. Not in other areas.

There is no wise man without fault
webby   09-29-2009, 11:32 PM
I suppose if there are cameras in a hospital they are actually recording to some device somewhere. Unlike the cameras in the building where I work which we learned today (after another tenant had his office broken into) that the cameras don't record to anything, anywhere. Rolleyes

Anyway, as far as GZ is concerned, I choose to imagine that the hospital didn't have cameras everywhere and if there were any in the loading bay, they were, as Paul suggests, disabled by the bad guys. Jack is usually quite aware of security cameras. I think he would have mentioned if they were all over the hospital. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cobalt   09-29-2009, 11:42 PM
The hospital where I work has cameras on all entrances, high mounted cameras looking at the building's grounds, in the ED, by the pharmacy, labs and outside the OR's. There are no hall cameras in the main patient care areas. I've seen the camera screens...they are all live feeds...but have the ability to record at the press of a button if the need arises.

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   09-30-2009, 01:35 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:The hospital where I work has cameras on all entrances, high mounted cameras looking at the building's grounds, in the ED, by the pharmacy, labs and outside the OR's. There are no hall cameras in the main patient care areas. I've seen the camera screens...they are all live feeds...but have the ability to record at the press of a button if the need arises.
So the cameras would have to be constantly monitored, and someone would have to see a "problem" in the making and press that button to record it. Otherwise, by the time the button is pressed, the "problem" might be nearly over before anything is recorded.

I'm not advocating "total surveillance," but that sounds kind of lackadaisical to me.

Ken V.
brandon1   09-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Sorry for the spoiler guys regarding the kidnapping incident with weezy-i just thought everyone was like me and devoured any new repairman jack novel as soon as it comes out-I picked up my first repairman jack novel way back in 1989 and until i recently discovered this website i didnt know anyone else who even knew about 'jack' so i kinda got excited to discuss the new novel
Ken Valentine   09-30-2009, 04:20 AM
brandon1 Wrote:Sorry for the spoiler guys regarding the kidnapping incident with weezy-i just thought everyone was like me and devoured any new repairman jack novel as soon as it comes out-I picked up my first repairman jack novel way back in 1989 and until i recently discovered this website i didnt know anyone else who even knew about 'jack' so i kinda got excited to discuss the new novel
You put "SPOILER" in the title of your thread, some folks just didn't notice it is all.

Ken V.
Silverfish   09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Paul added that.

Ken Valentine Wrote:You put "SPOILER" in the title of your thread, some folks just didn't notice it is all.

Ken V.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Ken Valentine   10-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Silverfish Wrote:Paul added that.
I didn't know that.

Thanks.

Ken V.
Pages (2):    1 2