Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5
Ken Valentine   09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Where in the Bronx, if yez don't mind me askin'?
Right off the Grand Concourse (between Anthony and Ryer) and 186th Street.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Right off the Grand Concourse (between Anthony and Ryer) and 186th Street.

Ken V.

I know Manhattan pretty well (south of 125th, anyway), but don't know the Bronx. What kind of neighborhood was it back then?
Alvin Fox   09-29-2009, 05:19 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, there's definite evidence of a cumulative effect, or a process of accretion. A movie would send it into orbit, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever seeing that happen.

Heh. A movie would send the book sales in orbit. But a movie's not happening until the book sales go into orbit. But a movie would send the books sales into orbit...
colburn0004   09-30-2009, 08:30 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:Congrats! I almost think i'm not meant to have this book. After not finding it in local bookstores I finaly ordered from Amazon. The day it was supposed to get here for some reason my mailbox in my apartment complex got mistaken for a vacant apartment. The mail was sent back to post office and package sent back to amazon. Now I have to order it again as amazon refuses to resend sent back items. /sigh

Not sure exactly what happened but I looked in my mail yesterday and was surprised to see my copy of Ground Zero. Post office said it was returned and Amazon said they would not send it back, and today somehow I got it. WAHOOO

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Patrice   09-30-2009, 09:50 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, there's definite evidence of a cumulative effect, or a process of accretion. A movie would send it into orbit, but I've pretty much lost hope of ever seeing that happen.

Hey paul, thanks for rj #13...
Did you ever thougt about a rj tv series...
mad4tunes   09-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Patrice Wrote:Hey paul, thanks for rj #13...
Did you ever thougt about a rj tv series...

In my opinion, which may not be the same as Paul's...the problem with a TV series is keeping the creative energy flowing...Paul's good, but I doubt he wants other people playing with his toys and (very probably) ruining them, and I doubt there would be enough money to pay him to do all the work.

That's why I don't like shows like "Smallville", or "Warehouse 13"...in the short run, they're okay, but in the long run, they start to stagnate. They had that problem with the "Spenser" TV series, too.

I wouldn't want that to happen to Jack...or Paul.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Pacal   10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
mad4tunes Wrote:the problem with a TV series is keeping the creative energy flowing...
I think HBO or Showtime is the way to go. 12-13 episodes of RJ with David Mamet or Bruno Heller as producers/writers.
Alvin Fox   10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
I just read something concerning the New York Times bestseller list and was wondering if it was acurate. Meaning I read it on wikipedia. It was that the NY Times list isn't calculated by books sold but by how many books are ordered by various bookstores. Meaning that if everyone was to go into a bookstore and preorder, let's say 10 books and then NOT pick them up when they arrive, that book would still climb the ranks of the bestseller list because of how many were ordered.

The situation(s) I read about took place over 20 years ago so things might have changed since. I just found it odd that the bestseller list would be calculated by orders and not sales.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5