Pages (2): 1 2   
beowulf   09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58909Stallone is Turning Hunter Into Rambo V

Last Monday, it was announced that Nu Image/Millennium Films had given the green light to a fifth installment in the "Rambo[Image: 2.gif]" franchise. The trades said that the "storyline for the fifth film revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border."

According to Sylvester Stallone[Image: 2.gif] in several communications with Ain't It Cool News, that storyline is way off. Instead, Sly gave the site a rundown of what to expect instead. Several days later, the site followed up with an official synopsis for the film that is being passed around, and that's where it gets interesting.

You see, Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
beowulf   09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I read Hunter about twelve years ago. It was a great back with a unique storyline for the time. It would have made a great movie. But this is ridiculous. The protagonist, Nathaniel Hunter, is not Rambo...this will be a waste.

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Tony H   09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
beowulf Wrote:I read Hunter about twelve years ago. It was a great back with a unique storyline for the time. It would have made a great movie. But this is ridiculous. The protagonist, Nathaniel Hunter, is not Rambo...this will be a waste.

I was just reading this...ugh. Rambo vs. Monsters?

While I enjoyed the last Rambo movie, I was hoping that the franchise came to an end with that film. Now we have him casting aside real war terrors for fictional beasts.

What a waste of a franchise...one that should have ended 2 years ago.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Brian   09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Really? That's too bad. Hunter was a good read. To mix the Hunter monster with Rambo does dis-service to both IMO.
Leave Rambo out of SciFi.

There is no wise man without fault
webby   09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
C'mon you guys - Rambo vs. Monsters might be the closest we get to a Repairman Jack movie. Don't be a hater.

:p

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brian   09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
webby Wrote:C'mon you guys - Rambo vs. Monsters might be the closest we get to a Repairman Jack movie. Don't be a hater.

:p

LOL Now that's not what Wapitkev wants to hear.

There is no wise man without fault
webby   09-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Brian Wrote:LOL Now that's not what Wapitkev wants to hear.

He can just do this....

[Image: Misc_lala.gif]

That should work. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
t4terrific   09-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds cool to me.

beowulf Wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58909Stallone is Turning Hunter Into Rambo V

Last Monday, it was announced that Nu Image/Millennium Films had given the green light to a fifth installment in the "Rambo[Image: 2.gif]" franchise. The trades said that the "storyline for the fifth film revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border."

According to Sylvester Stallone[Image: 2.gif] in several communications with Ain't It Cool News, that storyline is way off. Instead, Sly gave the site a rundown of what to expect instead. Several days later, the site followed up with an official synopsis for the film that is being passed around, and that's where it gets interesting.

You see, Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:
KRW   09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I was just reading this...ugh. Rambo vs. Monsters?

While I enjoyed the last Rambo movie, I was hoping that the franchise came to an end with that film. Now we have him casting aside real war terrors for fictional beasts.

What a waste of a franchise...one that should have ended 2 years ago.

I couldn't agree more Tony. The ending of the last Rambo movie gave the series closure. Like the book did for "First Blood".

Every time Stallone comes out with another movie to his franchise I ask myself, "When's he gonna make "Rambo vs. Rocky"? We know it's coming. He'll play both parts and it'll be set in an old folks home in Nogadoches Texas....Big Grin
Ken Valentine   09-10-2009, 01:37 AM
KRW Wrote:Every time Stallone comes out with another movie to his franchise I ask myself, "When's he gonna make "Rambo vs. Rocky"? We know it's coming. He'll play both parts and it'll be set in an old folks home in Nogadoches Texas....Big Grin
A post-apocalyptic wrinkle ranch.

Ken V.
Pages (2): 1 2